Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors - Rip Off Merchants

Options
  • 22-04-2010 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

I cant find the correct thread to put this in so here will have to do for the time being!

Question. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago because of a rash / itch. He prescribed me a cream (which I discovered later was over-the-counter stuff) and tablets.

I gave him €50.

The cream and tablets have not worked at all.

I now have to go back to him again. Why should I have to give him another €50? When he didn't do ANYTHING for my itch for the first €50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

Did he say what kind of itch it was? Did he take skin scrapings from the rash and send them to a laboratory to be tested? If you go to him again that's what he should do.

There are good doctors and bad doctors, just as there are good and bad mechanics and good and bad accountants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

hblock21 wrote: »
    I cant find the correct thread to put this in so here will have to do for the time being!

Question. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago because of a rash / itch. He prescribed me a cream (which I discovered later was over-the-counter stuff) and tablets.

I gave him €50.

The cream and tablets have not worked at all.

I now have to go back to him again. Why should I have to give him another €50? When he didn't do ANYTHING for my itch for the first €50.

not all doctors will charge for follow ups if treatment option one doesnt work, or at least not all will charge the full fee. if yours does, maybe its time to look for a new GP?

Advertisement