Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW vs Photoshop // ArtWork

Options
  • 22-04-2010 4:49am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Completed a new image for my YouTube channel last night and after doing so I hit my backup folder and noticed a tonne of stored old pictures from as far back as Vanilla and I realised something - WoW (Or, should I say, making movies of WoW) has been the biggest inspiration for me in regards to learning Photoshop.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm all that good with PShop, but at the same time I learned an absolute clusterload of things all through the years and to this day a lot of people comment on some of my older movies visual style which is quite interesting considering they are often nothing but fades between still images I whipped together using PShot / Modelviewer as opposed to proper movie editing, so I thought I'd add a little slideshow of images I had stocked up for the last 4-5 years as something different.

(Also made it onto WCM - Would love it if anyone could lend their support!)
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=146731

Don't really think people would like it and it has an overabundance of FemBloodElf considering the face of my PvP series has been my ShadowPriest but still, it led me to the question of World of Warcraft Artwork.

I'd like to get people's take on WoW Art, or if there is even interest in it - I'd be lying if I said I was interested to a great degree, but on the flipside I'm always looking for useable resources for those moments I get an urge to make something in PShop, even if it's as simple as backgrounds or screenshots of nice WoW landscape.

I know a hell of a lot of 'PROPER' artists and Photoshoppers have a plathora of WoW related art on places such as DeviantArt and the likes and WoW's own website having FanArt and the likes but I prefer not using someone elses work, though there are some nice images to gawk at nevertheless, anyone happen to have any to share?

Does anyone else mess around with Modelviewer/MapViewer/PShop?

I'm curious and also figured it'd be nice to start a slightly different topic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

I really enjoy all your movies, i never registered on wcm to comment though :(. My favourite ones has to be quel qq or click boom tv. Love all the references to all the games I played when I was younger, I think you even use some red alert music in one of them? The intro's and outros are definetly some of the funniest things i have ever seen as well, cant wait for the next one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

any chance you could make a few guides on how you make these images? ive been playing around with PS and i want to be able to make images of that quality

*edit sorry for bringing up a dead thread

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm going to make a conscious effort to sit down later and watch your stuff.

I always see your posts in work and cant view them and to be frank I dont enjoy watching youtube videos on wow because they are usually low res, you cant see whats happening and wow isnt a watchable game.

However I'm a sap for community involvement so I should throw your work my eyes for the sake you put the effort in haha ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Didn't expect much of a reply, no suprise there ;)

Ah well, if anyone happens to follow my movies I'm currently making the foundations for a new one, just started work on the upcoming title picture, could do with some opinions... It's the version I use for the YouTube channel so naturally it won't have my nickname spattered on the righthand side but anyways, you get the idea.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/album.php?albumid=789&pictureid=5965

that picture.. i want!

Advertisement