Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby chants

Options
  • 21-04-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Can we get a list of the best chants in rugby. Possibly even suggest some.

Wouldn't mind a nice one for the home games in the SG meself :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

LEINSTER LEINSTER LEINSTER LEINSTER LEINSTER (and so on and so forth)!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Meldanorama

What i was looking for was to see if there were any creative ones in the same vein you get at soccer matches. Funny and catchy ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Cheer up sleepy Dean
    Oh what does it mean
    You're a, fat Leicester b&stard
    In a sh1t rugby team...

Light heartedly sung at Dean Richards by Bath fans. Later stolen by football fans and sung at Gazza for a decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

"Rocky Rocky Rocky....."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I'll probably be criticised for this but rugby fans are generally quite poor at coming up with witty chants at matches. Granted a lot of football chants are quite offensive but they can be hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭LeeroyJones

"Swing Low, Sweet Tommy Bowe, coming for to carry us home"

Tame enough, effective all the same, especially after his opening try in Twickenham!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

The difference between rugby and soccer is that rugby is entertaining, so we don't need to resort to chanting to justify our attendance at matches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The difference between rugby and soccer is that rugby is entertaining, so we don't need to resort to chanting to justify our attendance at matches

If Leinster can do an unexpected number on Toulouse they can chant "Always look on the bright side of life...TOULOUSE TOULOUSE TOULOUSE TOULOUSE!"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

All I know is that if you depart from the traditional dirges about corn rustling & enforced emigration or seafood based shanties, you'll get a stern talking down to by GT himself for being a bit too soccer-like.

Meanwhile, those North of the border are allowed pillage the Village People's back catalogue at will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 beezer84

When Tommy goes marching down the wing, the Bowe, The Bowe,
    When Tommy goes marching down the wing, the Bowe, The Bowe,
    When Tommy goes marching down the wing, Lansdowne Road will start to sing,
    Cos we all know that Tommy's Gonna score

Na na na na na na na na na, na na, na na na na na na na na, na na,
    Na na na na na na na na na, we all know that Tommy's gonna score!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

His arms are as big as barbells
    I thought he was king of the tribe
    Ireland will go on to vic-tor-y
    Wrapped up with a Tommy Bowe try!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

We're rich and we know we are
    We're rich ....

One of the castlerock's songs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

On Off the ball last night they were talking to Filipe about a Toulon chant and played a clip. I forget what it was called but it was pretty amazing, its about some great warrior coming down off the mountains into Toulon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

when the cornish pirates were in town to play Leinster A's, they had a classic chant 'gimme a p...(to which they chant P)gimme and i....(to which they chant i)..gimme an r...to which they chant arrrrrrrrrrrr in true pirate style, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

On Off the ball last night they were talking to Filipe about a Toulon chant and played a clip. I forget what it was called but it was pretty amazing, its about some great warrior coming down off the mountains into Toulon.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Meldanorama

haha, nice, thanks for that one bamboozle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Wow that's some nose on Van Nierkerk in the last clip :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Nice footage of Jonny! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Nice footage of Jonny! :D

Stop touching yourself JD :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

There's only one Dougie Howlett,
    There's only one Dougie Howlett,
    Running on cars, drinking in bars,
    Living in the Dougie Wonderland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭BoarHunter

the Bayonne Chant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Even though I am not from Ulster I have always liked Stand up the Ulstermen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

U..L..S..T..E..R..R..R..R..R

ULSTEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

there's only one johnny o'connor,
    one johnny o'connor,
    he's got no hair, but we don't care,
    walking in a connacht wonderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

For Felipe's last appearance in RDS (sadly as a spectator), while we were thrashing the Scarlets on a beautiful summer's day there was a wonderful chant of 'Same old Leinster, Champagne Rugby' rolling around the place.

That and 'Allez les Bleus' really sum up Leinster fans. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Even though I am not from Ulster I have always liked Stand up the Ulstermen!

They got real upset when we sang stand up if you are an Irish Man back at them in the Madstead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

The most common one i used to hear in Thomond Park, was when the opposition just kicked the game off and as Munster retrieved the ball and the opposition give away a penalty straight away, some old fella always shouts "Ah come on ref, they've been doing it all day!"

It gets repeated so much it might aswell be a chant, probably should switch up where i stand in the stadium as its probably the same old fella all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

At the Ulster Ospreys match this month the ref went to the TMO to check if NOC's kick was good. Word came back it was wide and the crowd started to chant "Are you sure, are you sure, are you sure". For a lot of the rest of the calls that went against Ulster for the rest of the match the chant started again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Wwwwwooooooaaaaaahhhhh Johnny Sexton's on Fire!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

for sean cronin-seanies like a melody in my head that i cant keep broke got me singing like nanana everyday got my ipod stuck in replay

Advertisement