Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DK Build and Glyph advice

Options
  • 21-04-2010 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting back playing wow when my new PC arrives. I haven't played my DK in a year so my spec has been reset.

I'm finding it hard to find out which is best way to spec for DPS at the moment since talents have had changes and gear has progressed on from my Naxx10/25 gear.

Here is my character - Tiber

I was thinking of this 17/54 unholy build similar to what i used before quitting. I'm mainly going to be gearing up in heroics using badges then might do some raids with old guildmates if i get the chance.

any suggestions or comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

you would want to get expertise capped, work a bit on your strength and then work on your ArP.

a good unholy discussion and information page would be :

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-unholy_dps_heres_night/

I am currently blood spec, but you would rarely find people as blood these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Columc wrote: »
    you would want to get expertise capped, work a bit on your strength and then work on your ArP.

a good unholy discussion and information page would be :

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-unholy_dps_heres_night/

I am currently blood spec, but you would rarely find people as blood these days.

Thanks mate.

I just realised i was 7 below expertise cap. That was because i was blood before i quit due to a new DK joining guild (Bloody EP bug). I'll have a read of the EJ thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

When I was playing Unholy I was doing terrible, could never get the rotation down and the DPS was crap compared to my blood spec. Although I'm sure you have to gem differently for Unholy. I usually havent a clue what EJ guys are talking about in Unholy spec threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

IT, PS, BS, BS SS DC HoW
    SS DC SS DC (DC)

Thats the rotation for unholy, chances are sometimes you don't have enough rp to unload the DC in parenthesis.

As for gearing expertise cap is not nearly as important as hit and don't EVER gem for expertise.

As for glyphs these IT, Dark Death, Ghoul.

/thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

thats only if you are frost unholy. which means you need haste more. also to get maximum dps espically for unholy PS-IT first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I had a read of that thread and was wondering why they wanted me not take reaping in 17/54 build. I then saw that desolation was added after I left which made sense of the following rotation:

PS IT BS SS BS DUMP
    SS BS SS BS DUMP

can't wait for my pc to arrive now

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

blodvyn wrote: »
    IT, PS, BS, BS SS DC HoW
    SS DC SS DC (DC)

Thats the rotation for unholy, chances are sometimes you don't have enough rp to unload the DC in parenthesis.

As for gearing expertise cap is not nearly as important as hit and don't EVER gem for expertise.

As for glyphs these IT, Dark Death, Ghoul.

/thread.
    thats not right, your missing out 2 BS's there. im using a 0/17/54 spec atm and rotation is

PS/IT/BS/BS/SS/DC/HOW
    BS/SS/BS/SS/DC dump

just be sure to pop the BS before you do SS as you proc desolation and its an extra 20% damage or so :)

gylphs i took were dark death, ghoul and icy touch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Rotations and builds make my head hurt. I went blood for dps and frost for tank.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodfeather&cn=Stinkymunkey

I realise both are out of date, and as far as im aware im below hit cap. Ive pretty much dropped dps for tanking these days. So apart from def, stam, dodge and parry, what other stats should i be looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

263 hit and 26 expertise.

also your spec has you half way to being a dual wield tank. Pick one or the other :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

jabberwock wrote: »
    263 hit and 26 expertise.

also your spec has you half way to being a dual wield tank. Pick one or the other :P

Problem, im just to lazy to bother trying to figure out what is the best build to tank or dps. Id rather just play the game, than surf websites trying to decide which build is the best, that and it hurts my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

not taking DW talents when using a 2hander is not that taxing tbh :P

3 clicks and i had this
    http://www.wowpopular.com/Death+Knight/Frost/Talents

use the second one on the list imo

Advertisement