Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LBGT Film

Options
  • 21-04-2010 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Guys ,i am currently making a short film about Gay Marriage VS Civil Partnership and the communities fight for the marriage over partnership. The film is mainly about if and how we are being classed as second class citizens and to tease out what Exactly is the difference between the two proposed changes to legislation in further detail. And of course we are looking for your views and opinions on both sides of the debate.

The short documentary is a student production, so there is no budget as you can imagine. However, the finished piece will hopefully be given a screening at the Lighthouse Cinema Smithfield later in the year and will of course be uploaded to YouTube and FaceBook etc.

The short doc is a great chance to have your voice heard and would be ideal for couples as well as single people who are currently battling for equal rights and what the two proposed changes mean to THEM!.
    Are there any people who would like to participate in the short film and make your voice heard even more?

Feel free to pm me if you need more details etc .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,005 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'd suggest contacting relevant organisations who may be able to put you in touch with people

Belong To, LGBT Noise, Marriage Equality, GLEN, Labour LGBT, USI LGBT, TENI, ICCL also the people who run the blogs Maman Poulet and Gaelick have a lot to say on these issues - as well as that I think the issue of children is being ignored and that it would be a good idea to interview a person who has been raised by a same sex couple - Conor Prendergast might be a good person to contact http://conorpendergrast.wordpress.com/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Marriage Equality would be good people to contact. They know all the ins and outs of marriage versus CP.

Advertisement