Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New toilet

• 21-04-2010 1:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a close coupled toilet in Ireland with a vertical waste outlet, my searching so far as come up with ordering one from Italy for about €500 euro and waiting for 5-6 weeks for it to be made.
    Current toilet is a low level sitting on a concrete floor with the flange 210/220mm from the wall.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Very hard one to get. What your looking for is a close coupled s trap pan. Shires was the only place to get them.

I am pming you a number of a man that might get you one..... Let me know how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,757 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Gave him a ring but he has nothing, so back to searching...thanks anyway

fritzelly wrote: »
    Gave him a ring but he has nothing, so back to searching...thanks anyway

Sorry about that. You would have gotten it from Shires or protim abrasives but they have gone into liquidation.

Have you considered building a box on the wall and bringing it out. It can be done to a nice effect and will allow you a close coupled standard pan.

That would mean the toilet being in the middle of the bathroom :D

That would mean the toilet being in the middle of the bathroom :D

No it would no.... What you do is build a box against the wall with a shelf on it. The toilet is then put up against the shelf and the shelf can be used to hold things....

Very normal in this situation

• Advertisement

Fom the models I've been looking at, because the waste outlet is so far back i would have to move the toilet a long ways forward to be able to attach the waste pipe to the flange.
    Found this one
    http://www.competitiveheatingsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/twyfords-alcona-toilet-pan-bottom-outlet-ar1145.html
    which would mean boxing off 25mm behind the toilet - but that I can live with.
    Only problem is their delivery charges are a tad on the expensive side :eek:
    Wll call them tomorrow and see how much they charge

Fom the models I've been looking at, because the waste outlet is so far back i would have to move the toilet a long ways forward to be able to attach the waste pipe to the flange.
    Found this one
    http://www.competitiveheatingsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/twyfords-alcona-toilet-pan-bottom-outlet-ar1145.html
    which would mean boxing off 25mm behind the toilet - but that I can live with.
    Only problem is their delivery charges are a tad on the expensive side :eek:
    Wll call them tomorrow and see how much they charge

Interesting choice. The agent for tha toilet in ireland is Usher bathrooms they might be listed as john usher bathrooms. They will tell you where you can buy it locally. I would never order pottery across the water as a one off. It does not make it.... Ordering it local might make it easier. Check that its a standard toilet seat fitting or you will need to order a spare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Ebay is your best friend for this. I bought all my sanitary ware from Aquabliss in the Uk and saved 60% on irish prices. They have great quality and deliver fast.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Close-Coupled-Toilet-SOFT-CLOSE-Seat-LIFETIME-Guarantee_W0QQitemZ180483258589QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HG_Toilets_RL?hash=item2a05a3f8dd

reilig wrote: »
    Ebay is your best friend for this. I bought all my sanitary ware from Aquabliss in the Uk and saved 60% on irish prices. They have great quality and deliver fast.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Close-Coupled-Toilet-SOFT-CLOSE-Seat-LIFETIME-Guarantee_W0QQitemZ180483258589QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_HG_Toilets_RL?hash=item2a05a3f8dd

The op needs a certain toilet.... Not just any one....

Thanks for that Joey.
    Had a look at their technical catalog and there is a couple of toilets there that have a large clearance for the waste meaning I could get away with them with only a couple of cm's boxing
    Will give Usher a call on Monday and let you know.
    Thanks for all your help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

The op needs a certain toilet.... Not just any one....

I'm sorry, but you appear to have taken my post up wrong. I was suggesting that the OP should contact Aquabliss who may have the "certain toilet" in stock or if they don't have it in stock, they will be able to get it from their manufacturer like they did for me when I required a "certain toilet".

I'm sorry if my point did not come across the way that I meant it to.

reilig wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you appear to have taken my post up wrong. I was suggesting that the OP should contact Aquabliss who may have the "certain toilet" in stock or if they don't have it in stock, they will be able to get it from their manufacturer like they did for me when I required a "certain toilet".

I'm sorry if my point did not come across the way that I meant it to.

No i did not.. They do not supply s trap pans into the uk market its why its become so difficult to get them. As far as i know its a stupid old irish concpt which old builders fail to address.

Advertisement