Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave O'Donnell Builder

Options
  • 21-04-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me.
    I'm trying to get in contact with a builder called Dave O'Donnell. He has done sunroom conversions on houses in Springlawn & Summerfield. I have a leaflet of his I kept until I could afford the job, and now none of the numbers or the email address on it are working.

Has anyone used him or know of a job he has done, so that I could contact them or would anyone have a number for Dave?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I would imagine he's gone out of business.

I was trying to get a quote on a small building job recently and found it a real struggle to find anyone who was still in business doing this sort of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I was afraid that might have been the reason. The jobs that I saw on his leaflet looked really good.
    Looks like I might have to go shopping around other builders. Problem is I've never done anything like this before so I don't even know where to start!

Thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I was afraid that might have been the reason. The jobs that I saw on his leaflet looked really good.
    Looks like I might have to go shopping around other builders. Problem is I've never done anything like this before so I don't even know where to start!

Thanks anyway!

I'd try to get a personal recommendation from family/friends for a builder, or at the very least see some of the builder's previous work. One advantage of the recession is that many dodgy builders have gone to the wall, whereas those with a better track record have a better chance of surviving. I've never heard of Dave O'Donnell, but I've a general distrust of people who leaflet everywhere looking for business.

Unfortunately I've no contacts for this either, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Thanks, I'll do that. I'm sure someone I know has had some work done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 clonsillabohs

Hi, I got a extension and other internal works done by a local builder, homeplan developments, super job, no probs at all, his email is alanhpdevelopments AT eircom.net . If you want to you can come and look at the job in my house. Its always best to check their work.

<MOD Edit: I've just made the email address text so that it is less likely to be picked up by spambots.>

• Advertisement
Advertisement