Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Digital Media, in ITT Dublin

Options
  • 21-04-2010 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Guys,

I’m a third year student in Creative Digital Media in IT Tallaght, Dublin. We’re setting up a website about the course. Video production, Multimedia, Photography and Radio production are the four main parts on the course. We also do scriptwriting, cultural studies and TV and Film studies as modules each year etc.

The website is going to include students work and what past students are doing at the moment, including pictures, videos and other projects.
    Just wondering is there anything in particular that people want to know about the course?

all feedback is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'm trying to figure out which person in my class you are :P

Umm... Personally, I think the main thing is to outline what the course is like from students' perspectives, rather than simply doing the formal thing of outlining modules. Sure, that gives people an idea of what they'll study but having testimonials from students will definitely help put a more personal touch on the website.

Might be helpful to have a section about the lecturers too so they can give their feedback on the course and what it's like to be an AV head.
    Plus, the majority of the lecturers are really fun and enthusiastic, which I think is a good selling point for the course.

Other useful things ... How many hours a week AV students spend in lecturers, details of past CAs (possibly useful so people potentially doing the course can see what sort of exams are involved)...

I'll post again if I can think of anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 east002

Might be helpful to have a section about the lecturers too so they can give their feedback on the course and what it's like to be an AV head.
    Plus, the majority of the lecturers are really fun and enthusiastic, which I think is a good selling point for the course.

Other useful things ... How many hours a week AV students spend in lecturers, details of past CAs (possibly useful so people potentially doing the course can see what sort of exams are involved)...

I'll post again if I can think of anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Hi guys. :)

I think this is a really good idea. CDM in ITT is first on my CAO list and I would have loved to have a real, in-depth site explaining the course when I was first browsing colleges. (As it turns out, the open day was enough to convince me, but still... :p)

Hope to be there in September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bebopaloola

www.creativemediadegree.ie

Website conceived, designed and developed by third year students, launched last night at the fourth year degree show. Would love to hear comments and suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

I have an interview for this course on Friday. I have a background in journalism, but want to broaden my knowledge of media. Anything I should know before the interview? Is there much web design in it? And is it technical? Any info would be greatly recieved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

There is web design, a little in 2nd year - but only in Flash and some more in the second part of 3rd year. It's pretty much just the design elements of it, creating a page that looks nice rather than how websites work or anything

OH! And good luck with your interview :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭spikeprint

Thanks a mil, hopefully no one will want to do it so I'll definately get a place. I doubt that somehow though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kerzi

Great idea! the site is great. well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Did this course a few years ago myself, although I'm sure it was called something different back then, if not I've been giving the wrong Degree title for ages....well done on the site anyway, great to see, and looks fantastic

It's such a pity nobody ever wanted to do a Metal show on ITTFM after I left:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Did this course a few years ago myself, although I'm sure it was called something different back then, if not I've been giving the wrong Degree title for ages...
    :

When I started it was "Audio Visual Media" now it's "Creative Digital Media" - trying to keep up with Blanch I think. Or trying to be "current" or ... "new age" or :cool:

Advertisement