Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legend vs Desire

Options
  • 21-04-2010 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've been reading up on the specs of the legend and the desire.

the main differences seem to be

legend has slightly smaller screen, less RAM and slower processer.

considering getting the legend due to availability now and the cheaper price (really need a new phone)

Is the software the same on both phones?

are there any other major differences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I think the Legend is a better looking phone tbh (I own a Desire), but in just about every other respect the Desire is better. Better processor, resolution, etc. They are of course equal in many elements too. But I don't see any areas where the Desire is behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The legend looks nicer but the Desire is far more powerful as an actual phone and the .5" in screen size and resolution make a very big difference. Couple that with the fact the HTC Legend won't be able to run Flash 10.1 when it releases next month and the Desire looks a whole lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ShayMurphy459

I want Legend design with Desire technical specs.

It's actually slightly annoying because they both are from the same company. I wonder why didn't they make a real design effort with the Desire?

There's a review here
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/htc-legend-vs-htc-desire-vs-google-nexus-one-670833

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I want Legend design with Desire technical specs.

It's actually slightly annoying because they both are from the same company. I wonder why didn't they make a real design effort with the Desire?

There's a review here
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/htc-legend-vs-htc-desire-vs-google-nexus-one-670833
    So people would buy the HTC Legend aswell. Making one ultimate phone would mean they might cannibalise the sales of their other phones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I actually like the cosmetic design of the desire.

I guess the reason for the 2 phones is they are aimed at different sdectors of the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭budhabob

What does the spec differences actually mean for the average user. I understand that the screen quality and size is an obvious advantage, but how does the processor/ram improvements affect the user? I played with the legend on saturday and noticed no lag, and it was a very aesthetically pleasing phone. I'm thinking of buying a new phone, either legend or desire, and will primarily use it for internet while commuting etc. so the legend would probably be more than enough.

Advertisement