Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A World of Photo- most addictive android app/game yet

Options
  • 21-04-2010 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Anyone here use A World of Photo?

Just downloaded it yesterday. It's great fun. It randomly connects you to someone else around the world with an android phone and you have to take a picture on the spot with the camera on your phone and sent it to them. You're then connected to another random android user somewhere else in the world who sends you a picture from where they are.

It's great fun, and you get to see different parts of the world. So far I've gotten pictures from Holland, Germany, France, Morrocco, and several different states of the US.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i can imagine getting some undesirable photos from some the wierdos out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

neacy69 wrote: »
    i can imagine getting some undesirable photos from some the wierdos out there!

Thankfully I've come across no undesirable photos!

Generally pictures of people's rooms, offices, scenic shots. A friend I reccomended the app to said she got sent a picture of a guy driving, which while unsafe isn't something too undesirable.

And there's an option to report pictures so hopefully the weird pics will get weeded out. Although like I've said, I've not come across any yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Does either party know the identity of each other or is it strictly anonymous? I'd give it a go but not if my identity is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

It's anonymous and you can change your nickname that others see to anything you want.

It will show your location (down to about town level- you could tell I was located in Galway but not where exactly I was) but there is an option in the settings of the app to randomise your location so you appear to be in a random part of the world, if your're concerned about that.

So far i've gotten a picture of some lads lunch in Spain and a pic taken by some guy driving down a highway in Ohio. Oh and someones keyboard!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Can you save the images?

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Can you save the images?

Yeah,hit the menu button and it gives you an option to save. On the Nexus it saved to the Gallery and created it's own folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just installed it there and first thing I got was asked for a pic and it said looking for pictures of couples! Strange, I rejected it.

Cant seem to get it to request a pic, spinning doesn't work

draffodx wrote: »
    Just installed it there and first thing I got was asked for a pic and it said looking for pictures of couples! Strange, I rejected it.

Cant seem to get it to request a pic, spinning doesn't work

It sends requests for pics automatically. If you go into Preferences it'll allow you to adjust how often you'll get a request. I've it set to every hour but in work i'll adjust it to every 3 hours,don't want everyone thinking i'm a nutjob taking random pics in work!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

lord lucan wrote: »
    It sends requests for pics automatically. If you go into Preferences it'll allow you to adjust how often you'll get a request. I've it set to every hour but in work i'll adjust it to every 3 hours,don't want everyone thinking i'm a nutjob taking random pics in work!:p

(Woops clicked thanks instead of qoute:D) Ya the parents were ready to commit me when i took a picture of my shepherds pie for someone:D

• Advertisement

mooman wrote: »
    (Woops clicked thanks instead of qoute:D) Ya the parents were ready to commit me when i took a picture of my shepherds pie for someone:D

The wife is looking at me like i'm mental,taking random pictures of stuff around the gaff!:pac:

Advertisement