Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jelly SMS for Android - good alternative to cabbage

Options
  • 21-04-2010 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Just thought i'd mention Jelly SMS (JSMS) which i bought the other day.

I tried both Cabbage and JSMS and I kinda prefer JSMS - the main reason is that it works just like the native message app, you just begin typing the name into the "To" box and it cascades all the names for you to select. Having a seperate contact button on Cabbage kinda annoyed me. Also, JSMS inserts your sent messages into your native messaging app's threads.

It's on slideme if anyone want to check it out

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'm using chompsms and it does the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Does chompsms use your webtexts?

Does chompsms use your webtexts?

As in, if I send a text via the web, does it turn up on my phone?
    Nope.

Does jelly do that?

Beruthiel wrote: »
    As in, if I send a text via the web, does it turn up on my phone?
    Nope.

Does jelly do that?

Jelly's an app that you open like normal messaging, but when you type and send, it'l automatically log into your free web texts and use them instead of your normal allocated bundle. Means you basically double your "in-bundle" text amounts for free, and it makes no difference to threaded texts convos or ease of operation! I only got it cuz i somehow managed to use all my texts in the first 2 weeks of my current billing period, and rather than get charged 11c per message sent for the remaining 2 weeks, i now have 300 extra free that i wouldn't have used otherwise!

Wouldn't that only work if you have wifi access to the net all the time?

I'm 'ready to go' and only use wifi at home or where there is free wifi.

• Advertisement

Ah yes, see i have 3g on all the time. Otherwise it would need to be over wifi. What are ya doin with no data package on an android phone!?

Ah yes, see i have 3g on all the time. Otherwise it would need to be over wifi. What are ya doin with no data package on an android phone!?

I only spend money on something I will use a lot. I don't need a data package.

Oh, and to answer your next question, it was a prezzie. :)

Data's cheeep if u just get small packages. Well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 robtec

Hi Guys :)

Myself and a mate have been working on our own web SMS app for the past few months, as a side project. We find it does what we want and have released it to the marketplace :)

Why not give it a try :)

Google Play Store

It's SwiftSMS by DuneDeveloping

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭GIMP

Nice clean app, basic but does what is needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 robtec

GIMP wrote: »
    Nice clean app, basic but does what is needed.

Thanks :) We aimed for simplicity and intuitive Android design while developing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rsmike

Great App, better than Jelly SMS.

On iphone I used Jelly SMS, but when I switched to Android (Acer device) I was disappointed by their Android version basically it does not work.

Came across Swiftsms here, as said , nice clean and simple interface and it works!

Thanks guys,

Advertisement