Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to win the lotto....

Options
  • 20-04-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Well the title says it all ! I'm looking for just random numbers within the limits of th lotto numbers! Should be fun...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

As mathematically possible as any other 6 no. combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

CoalBucket wrote: »

But far more likely to have been played by someone else than any other combination, so you'd be sharing your winnings!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

CoalBucket wrote: »

Wow... true but just really hard to imagine !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

one hundred milli................oh wait!

ah 16 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Pick your numbers above 31, therefore you eliminate any chance of sharing your spoils with someone who uses dates for their numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Of course it wud be great to win lotto , - I reckon it is best to stick to the same numbers at all times .

I know , I know that quick-picks do win the jackpot too .

I actually do the 5-4-3-2-1 all the time for 3 numbers , and I have clicked twice in the last month.

It cost € 3 for the 3 draws and you win € 250 for 3 no's from 7 .

The numbers that done it for me , were :

7 - 21 - 35

7 - 22 - 28

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

The word is that number 21 has been working well at home and will be there or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭raheny red

FAIL

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

• Registered Users Posts: 39,085 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pick your numbers above 31, therefore you eliminate any chance of sharing your spoils with someone who uses dates for their numbers.
    Yes you won't share with people who use dates, but you will increase your chance of sharing with people who go above 31 to avoid dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Mellor wrote: »
    Yes you won't share with people who use dates, but you will increase your chance of sharing with people who go above 31 to avoid dates.
    I reckon more people use dates than don't though so I'd say your reducing your chances by going high.
    Also, lotto.ie have a feature where if you use the same numbers, you can enter them in and it'll give you a breakdownn of how those numbers did since the lotto began.
    Probably not a good idea seeing as if they did win and you missed it, it'd just wreck your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

Of course it wud be great to win lotto , - I reckon it is best to stick to the same numbers at all times .

I know , I know that quick-picks do win the jackpot too .

I actually do the 5-4-3-2-1 all the time for 3 numbers , and I have clicked twice in the last month.

It cost € 3 for the 3 draws and you win € 250 for 3 no's from 7 .

The numbers that done it for me , were :

7 - 21 - 35

7 - 22 - 28

If you do that same bet in the bookies it pays 300/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

gavmcfad wrote: »
    If you do that same bet in the bookies it pays 300/1.

But you don't get the 3 draws! It's still better value than 249/1 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

i always pick 1 number for 1 to 10. 1 number from 11 to 20 ..........and 1 random number, number 45 is my random pick for tomorrow night, 44 , 33 , 27 , 18 , 8 , are my other picks for tomorrow , i don't want anyone of ye to pick these numbers this week , ill share the money out evenly with ye on monday when i collect the cheque:p

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gavmcfad

jasonorr wrote: »
    But you don't get the 3 draws! It's still better value than 249/1 though.

You can do 1 euro each draw in the bookies also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

what odds in the bookies for one number to come up, say i backed 17, what odds would i have of that coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

gavmcfad wrote: »
    You can do each draw in the bookies also.

That was my point, the way you stated it made it appear that if you put €3 on at 300/1, you get a return of €903!
    Kod-box wrote: »
    what odds in the bookies for one number to come up, say i backed 17, what odds would i have of that coming up?

Try here.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 milkybar kid wk

i have a question that is relly bugging me plz help
    i done the lotto today and didnt win obviously
    i got a quick pick with 3 lines and each line has 6 numbers
    but the lotto is 7 numbers
    so how could i win if i only have 6 numbers

im sure theres an easy answer but im new to betting on the lotto so go easy on me
    thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,337 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

i have a question that is relly bugging me plz help
    i done the lotto today and didnt win obviously
    i got a quick pick with 3 lines and each line has 6 numbers
    but the lotto is 7 numbers
    so how could i win if i only have 6 numbers

im sure theres an easy answer but im new to betting on the lotto so go easy on me
    thank you.

You're right, it's six numbers plus the additional bonus number. If you get the six numbers correct then you hit the jackpot. If you get numbers plus the bonus then you win a smaller amount.

It was introduced to stop syndicates buying all the number combinations. The bonus number makes it financially unviable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

You're right, it's six numbers plus the additional bonus number. If you get the six numbers correct then you hit the jackpot. If you get numbers plus the bonus then you win a smaller amount.

It was introduced to stop syndicates buying all the number combinations. The bonus number makes it financially unviable.

It was introduced to give out more prizes. The Bonus No. has nothing to do with the odds of winning the Lotto jackpot. If you take out the bonus number it is still the same odds. You dont need the bonus number to win. They added on a few extra numbers to make it harder to win - from 42 - 45 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

use the following numbers as they correspond with the order of the alphabet (ie. a = 1, b = 2):

don't do it, op, you'll never get it.

Advertisement