Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

led lights glow when turned off

Options
  • 20-04-2010 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey..
    So upstairs on my bus I have 3 sets of twin LED main voltage GU10 lights.
    When bus is plugged into mains, the lights all turn off fine.
    When plugged into bus's inverter,the LED lights continue to glow after being switched off. They are still glowing in the morning
    Only way to turn the 'glow' completely off is to turn off inverter.

The Inverter is modified sine wave.... could this be the issue??
    Any other ideas?
    Cheers
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,401 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does the invertor have some sort of capacitors? you know like when you plug your laptop charger out and the LED stays lighting for a good bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Hey..
    So upstairs on my bus I have 3 sets of twin LED main voltage GU10 lights.
    When bus is plugged into mains, the lights all turn off fine.
    When plugged into bus's inverter,the LED lights continue to glow after being switched off. They are still glowing in the morning
    Only way to turn the 'glow' completely off is to turn off inverter.

The Inverter is modified sine wave.... could this be the issue??
    Any other ideas?
    Cheers
    :confused:

Firstly the inverter is probably using as much or more power than the leds so if you plan to spend a lot of time on battery I'd look at wiring in 12V ones.

Few possibilities I can think of:
    1) Switch is multipols and when "off" it connecting to another circuit

2) switch is faulty and providing a weak conduction path in the off position

3) There is a weak conduction path through the chassis of the bus completing the circuit. Check the resistance between the chassis and the wiring.

4) There is a high frequency component on the inverter output which is sufficient to excite the junctions in the leds.

Advertisement