Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth On Campus Internet.

Options
  • 20-04-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Well since I didn't get any replies in the Maynooth accomodation thread I thought I'd post a thread.
    My question is : Is the internet on Campus reliable, consistent, fast and would it be possible to play Xbox live with their connection?
    Could somebody tell me what is the download speed of the campus internet is if they know :p
    I will be staying in River appartments (that is if I get my course ect :p)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I'm on the campus internet right now :pac:

I'm pretty sure you could probably play xbox live with it, I haven't myself but I assume you can. Although the internet in the River Apartments is wired, so I don't know if that would have an affect? I'm sure somebody knows more about it than me :D

With regards its reliability etc, it's pretty good. Hasn't been down lately that I can think of. It's quick enough most of the time, although it can get slow in the evening (probably due to a lot of people using the internet at that time in the apartments).

I'm not sure what the download speed is, but I'll warn you that you can't torrent on the campus internet. I'm sure you wouldn't be at that, of course :P Hope that helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 njC

I'm on the campus internet right now :pac:

I'm pretty sure you could probably play xbox live with it, I haven't myself but I assume you can. Although the internet in the River Apartments is wired, so I don't know if that would have an affect? I'm sure somebody knows more about it than me :D

With regards its reliability etc, it's pretty good. Hasn't been down lately that I can think of. It's quick enough most of the time, although it can get slow in the evening (probably due to a lot of people using the internet at that time in the apartments).

I'm not sure what the download speed is, but I'll warn you that you can't torrent on the campus internet. I'm sure you wouldn't be at that, of course :P Hope that helps!

Thanks much appreciated, its getting me all excited...me torrenting no way!
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

You can't play Xbox live on campus. It's blocked by the college along with a few poker sites as well I think.

The internet in the Village apartments varies from non-existant in in my friends kitchen to good enough in my kitchen straight above it. I'm convinced that the floor you live on has a part to play in the coverage cause I've no coverage on my phone on the bottom floor but again it's grand up top floor where I am and it seems the same with the internet.

You can't play Xbox live on campus. It's blocked by the college along with a few poker sites as well I think.
    Is xbox live blocked for definite or...
    Thanks for the reply also.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

njC wrote: »
    Is xbox live blocked for definite or...
    Thanks for the reply also.

Yea definitely blocked. No idea if there's a way around it.

Makes sense too cause no one would turn up to lectures at all if they had it (not that I'm against it or anything just so you know more of playstation man myself anyway)

• Advertisement

Yea definitely blocked. No idea if there's a way around it.

Makes sense too cause no one would turn up to lectures at all if they had it (not that I'm against it or anything just so you know more of playstation man myself anyway)

Yeah true Just have to stick with my 2 meg connection at home durning the weekends.;)

Advertisement