Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[XP - Firefox] Auto rename files?

Options
  • 20-04-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

I've used Google Chrome a little bit and when you go to download a file and the filename already exists it auto renames the file you're downloading.

Firefox lacks this feature. Does anyone know of a way to have firefox do this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

personally, i use downthemall for FF. It's the one thing really miss when using chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I use Firefox on XP and if I download a file I have already got a copy of it automatically appends (n) at the end of the file name before the file extension. where n is a number starting with 2 for the second copy 3 for the third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

FSL wrote: »
    I use Firefox on XP and if I download a file I have already got a copy of it automatically appends (n) at the end of the file name before the file extension. where n is a number starting with 2 for the second copy 3 for the third.
    what version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

It's Firefox version 3.6.3 it has always worked this way since I started using Firefox a couple of years ago. I have just tried it now downloading a file I downloaded earlier and it the file just downloaded has (2)before the .extension'

I do have a folder specified for downloads I do not use any default or temporary internet files folder.

Advertisement