Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering contracting

Options
  • 20-04-2010 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm considering going contracting and resigning from a permanent position I currently have. I'm planning on leaving the country next year and want to get as much exp in other roles as possible and make some good money also.
    The rate I've been quoted for a job I was offered is 450 p/day for a BA type roll. Does this sound like the typical rate for a BA role currently?
    Is this usually inclusive or exclusive of VAT?
    What are the costs involved in setting up your own limited comany and registering for VAT?
    Is this the best approach?
    Do I need to pay PRSI?
    What can I expense against my VAT and TAX?
    Thanks in advance for any help and advice.
    DEL_P_O

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Read the charter.

Specific advice is prohibited.

As a general rule you'd be self employed and don't need to set up a company. You can VAT register if you want to reclaim VAT on purchases.

If you are self employed expenses incurred wholly and exclusively for the business are entitled to be deducted against profits.

And what the hell is a BA Role? Are you becoming an Aeroplane or a College degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭9fcdhzkx46apgr

Hi there - Thanks for your reply.
    BA role is a business analyst role - Nothing to do with British Airways!!

Advertisement