Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Gloves

Options
  • 20-04-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where the best place is to get Muay Thai gloves (12-16oz) , I'm in Cork, willing to travel for them or order on-line!
    I'm looking at either Twins or Sandee gloves but all the ones i've searched for have either been out of stock or too far away!

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

I have sandee 16oz for sale. I will be in Carlow 8th may if you can wait

but surely one of the cork gyms... theres about 7 of them now will have a pair for sale?

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Thanks Chupasart but just looking for new ones!

I go to a gym in the city, are they new gloves for sale or second hand ones that are kept at the gym!?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

i dont know any gym that sells second hand gloves:) all gyms will have brand new gloves for sale... even the cork ones I would imagine... but then you never know :):)

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

Ha i know it sounds stupid but i haven't seen any brand new gloves for sale in there just the ones that they keep at the gym for people that don't have them!
    And i've heard of a gym or two that sell those ones for cheap!

Cool, i'l ask the other gyms so and see what they say,
    Thanks Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

If you want to order online, www.muaythaistuff.com are good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BridgestoneThai

We bring in all the Boon Thai Gear and sell at gym shop but we are in Dublin also. We have 16oz, 10oz and 8oz velcro in various colours.

Paul
    THE BRIDGESTONE GYM
    www.bridgestonemuaythai.com

Hi Drunky...I'm expecting some 10oz Sandee gloves into stock quite soon......if you want to pm me your email or phone number I can give you a bell when I get them and arrange to meet you (or you can come down to Midleton for a session if you fancy!!!)

Brendan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hi Drunky...I'm expecting some 10oz Sandee gloves into stock quite soon......if you want to pm me your email or phone number I can give you a bell when I get them and arrange to meet you (or you can come down to Midleton for a session if you fancy!!!)

Brendan.

Welcome to the forum, are you running a club or a shop?.

Either way we've two threads which might interest and help getting your name out there with us.

Equipment suppliers etc..

And a clubs thread..

Welcome to the forum, are you running a club or a shop?.

Either way we've two threads which might interest and help getting your name out there with us.

Equipment suppliers etc..

And a clubs thread..

Thanks...I'm running an MT & soon to be MMA club in Midleton, Cork....new to Boards I'll get the details into the clubs thread asap.

Brendan.

Hi Brendan,
    Yeah definitely interested in that, I'll pop down to you sure i'm not that far away from Midleton. When do you think the stock would be in? Thanks

Derek

• Advertisement

Hi Brendan,
    Yeah definitely interested in that, I'll pop down to you sure i'm not that far away from Midleton. When do you think the stock would be in? Thanks

Derek

Should have it this week, or next week at the latest, I'll drop you a pm when it's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thanks...I'm running an MT & soon to be MMA club in Midleton, Cork....new to Boards I'll get the details into the clubs thread asap.

Your welcome.

There is also an MMA forum on boards.ie HERE I'm not entirely sure on the Mods policy regardsing advertising, we're pretty liberal here, so you might want to run a PM across the Mods there before advertising your club - Cowzerp is probably the more active Mod on that forum.

Hope you stick around.

Should have it this week, or next week at the latest, I'll drop you a pm when it's in.

Thats excellent, i'll pop down when you get them in and take a look so! Where in Midleton you situated?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corkthai

class if you could get away with selling second hand gloves..we have lots. the smellier the more expensive..:)
    we have gloves in stock.

did you ask your trainer if they had them ? Im guessing most clubs have them instock.
    we always have people walking straight past the for sale items and going away buying the same stuff online etc..then saying i never knew you had them for sale. :confused:

corkthai wrote: »
    class if you could get away with selling second hand gloves..we have lots. the smellier the more expensive..:)

Wouldn't it be great..........we could all retire on the proceeds from the sales of smelly gloves I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DTB

http://www.fightlord.com/

Fight lord have top king gloves,vinny from fight lord came out to my club and kitted out my lads with shins and gloves,top king are quality i was only in there shop at the lumpini the other day, was like a kid in a candy shop.:D

DTB wrote: »

Fight lord have top king gloves,vinny from fight lord came out to my club and kitted out my lads with shins and gloves,top king are quality i was only in there shop at the lumpini the other day, was like a kid in a candy shop.:D

They're unreal aren't they......you'd be tempted to leave all your belongings out there and just fill your bag with goodies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

I have Throwndown 14oz Thai Style gloves in my shop. I'm getting Twins in next month so if you pm your email address to me, I can forward you some info on my special deals for clubs.

Check out www.ultimatemmasupplies.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

DTB wrote: »

Top King gear is the best, you can arrange to pick up any of the gear Fightlord have at our school in Clonshaugh if you want to save on postage.
    We have from 8oz up to 18oz in Top King gloves in stock at the mo in various colours. There's a range of thai pads, headgear and I think there's one pair of shin inteps left... but I'm contemplating keeping them for me :D

Thanks for your help guys, but first i'm just gonna look in the gym i'm in at the moment CorkThai might be right i probably overlooked them! If not i'l get onto one of ye! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement