Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical card and GPs?

Options
  • 20-04-2010 2:43pm

Hey guys...

Actually went to 'Mens Health', but it redirected here :confused: And aside from the mens health forum, there didn't seem to be a kind of 'general' thread anywhere to ask this. So I'll just throw it here and see what happens...

Anyway,

Yeah... I have a medical card, but haven't been to see my doctor in months. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if GPs are still taking medical cards? Or have they been done away with for that and a charge brought in?

I just want to know in advance of going down to him (though I haven't actually made an appointment yet).

Also... prescription charges... are they around yet? or are prescriptions still free for medical card holders?

Anyone know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Hey guys...

Actually went to 'Mens Health', but it redirected here :confused: And aside from the mens health forum, there didn't seem to be a kind of 'general' thread anywhere to ask this. So I'll just throw it here and see what happens...

Anyway,

Yeah... I have a medical card, but haven't been to see my doctor in months. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me if GPs are still taking medical cards? Or have they been done away with for that and a charge brought in?

I just want to know in advance of going down to him (though I haven't actually made an appointment yet).

Also... prescription charges... are they around yet? or are prescriptions still free for medical card holders?

Anyone know?

if your medical card is still valid -ie in date- then it will be accepted by the gp you're registered to

afaik, there is now a 50 cent charge on prescriptions for medical card holders

btw, this place used beknown as mens health but got renamed gentlemans club to reflect a bigger remit, so mens health just got incorporated into the GC

sam34 wrote: »
    if your medical card is still valid -ie in date- then it will be accepted by the gp you're registered to

afaik, there is now a 50 cent charge on prescriptions for medical card holders

btw, this place used beknown as mens health but got renamed gentlemans club to reflect a bigger remit, so mens health just got incorporated into the GC

Ah that's grand, so. Just made an appointment and double-checked on the phone, too. You're spot on about the midcal card, Sam. Thanks! :)

Advertisement