Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Kids Bikes

Options
  • 20-04-2010 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

ROTHAR - Bikes for the community: We have lots of kids bikes in various sizes, in various states of repair, but all free for collection. We're a community, not-for-profit bike shop; we take bikes in as donations and repair them and sell them at cost as part of our work as a not for profit organisation - We're having a clear out at the moment to free up space and so these kids bikes have to go!

If you're interested, just drop in, we're open from 10 till 6pm every day except sunday when we're closed. We're open until 8 on thursdays.

Our location can be found here on google maps;

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=103989264977855871495.000484aaa128ea89be1ae&ll=53.360285,-6.272688&spn=0.011704,0.027595&z=15
    (copy and paste that into browser if it wont let you click) -

Also you can call 01860 2615 if you need directions, but please be aware we won't be able to get into details as to what we have left of the kids bikes. First come first served!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

That's a really good, positive move SubLuminal. My kid already has a bike, but if you had some sort of flyer, people might be able to post the up in schools?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Hi Harry - Thanks for the feedback, I was really just posting that on behalf of Rothar as I volunteer there from time to time - Most of the bikes that are left now need a bit of work done to them, nothing massive, maybe a new chain where an old one has rusted, or a bit of oil on brake cables or tyres need pumping up, obviously they've all been donated so aren't 'boxfresh' but hey, they're free, and a new set of brake blocks is a heck of a lot cheaper than a new bike, particularly for families who are already really on a budget. I made a more clickable link for anyone who's looking for a map of where Rothar is, its at http://www.tinyurl.com/rotharmap , the addresss is 171 phibsborough road, dublin 7 and the phone number is 01 8602615

If anyone knows someone who's looking for a kids bike, particularly anyone who works with the disadvantaged, please feel free to pass on Rothar's details!

Many thanks and all the best,

SubLuminal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Fair play, great idea to get more kids cycling for the summer.

Advertisement