Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Happiest You've Bin

Options
  • 20-04-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭

I read a bio of Alice Cooper and the inspiration behind the song Schools Out was the band trying to capture happiness and the definition they came up with was you knew you were happy when school broke up for the summer.

Off to see Alice in Wacken this Summer. Deerskin trousers for the win.:cool:

A superior moment finding them.

A happy day for me was giving my son a bass guitar outside his Mums house and we sat on the pavement while he unpacked it.

G/fs chilli chicken comes up there too -cos I know she has loves to cook for me. ( Im not goin to get too soppy here-but I do have Waynes World days where everything is most excellent)

We all dont get to win the lotto when have you had that covered in chocolate moment. That new car feeling.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've bever bin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Horgan wrote: »
    I've bever bin

oscar+the+grouch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I try to never remember the happiest point in my life because it will most likely get me down in thinking that I may never get that happy again.

But yeah, school finishing for Summer - that were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

The first time I made my son laugh:)pure heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

For me, probably 1999 when I lived in America for 3 months. I was also pretty happy the year I spent in Australia. These days, everything is pretty "meh".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Wasn't too long ago. There was a period last year, probably September-December, where everything in my life was just fine. I was doing well in Uni, I was making good movements towards being healthy and my personal life was healthy as well. So yeah, everything was just right in that 4 month period or so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Back when I was taking a good amount of drugs. It's been a while and I don't plan to get back to that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When I first discovered ****, good times, sniff..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Probably right now tbh.

New baby, the 4th:eek:.

In the process of starting my first business.

Looking forward to going to the Algarve next month with the family.

My wife just got a nice bonus from her job and then some, hence the holiday.

April has been lovely.

The Summer is nearly here.

My hair is growing back.

Just joking. Bald as a coot I am.

But to be honest just last month things were just the opposite, its amazing how things change all of a sudden.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Living in the height of heat in the US and finally taking the finger out to learn how to swim so that I may take on a triathlon next year, college exams ending soon enough so good buzz in general at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

August two year's ago......the same day I told my boss go fcuk himself was the same day I went off on holidays to Spain with 8 of my best friends. Ahhh that was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Right now, I think. I'm sure I've had more ecstatic times, but right now my life is extremely on track and it feels great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

I'm generally in a good mood but the occasions I think about to remind me of happiness are;

6 months "work" placement in college where I spent the majority of the time reading screenplays on the web.

Finishing my final exam in the Leaving Cert (German), knowing I did well over all and feeling a heavy weight lift from my shoulder's. Then getting my 1st choice for a popular course.

Working in the UK for a 10 month stint in Birmingham on full expenses with cool and easy going work colleagues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

My childhood was a pretty good one, many many fond memories of it:) But relating to adult life, since I changed my life around completely aged 27 things have gone from strength to strength and a happier me as a result. Although the last say...month in general has been pretty awesome in comparison to most others and I would never trade it for anything:D

If I could pick a specific time of extreme elation though, it would be 1st August 2008 when I got to see Muse live for the first time, 4 rows from the stage:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Not necessarily the 'happiest'...but "it was a very good year"..........somewhere in here....woz me as a teenager...:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Definitely not the happiest I've ever been, but something that always makes me smile whenever I'm feeling down...

There was that show on RTÉ a while back about these two guys who represent Ireland in competitions that Ireland's never been in. In one of the shows they entered a bodybuilding competition, so you had these absolutely huge guys flexing and showing off - compared to my puny 60 kg frame.

During the credits it showed one of the bodybuilders who didn't win. This huge monster of a man was crying. His coach had a hand on a shoulder consoling him. I just saw this and thought to myself, "I am never going to feel insignificant ever again."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Some moments that have genuinely made me feel like bursting with happiness:

-Watching Chelsea win their first league title in 50 years

-Dublin winning the All-Ireland in 1995; I was only 7 years old at the time, but I can still remember every minute of it

That's about the length and breadth of it, really!!! Sad life that I lead!!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

When I finally remembered to put out the brown been,which was full of stale meat and bluebottles.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

DazMarz wrote: »
    -Dublin winning the All-Ireland in 1995
    I can still remember that day like it was yesterday!

Only heard about the match through a phonecall made as we (about 45 ppl from where I live) were in Orlando at the time:) So imagine six 15 year old lads singing "we won the f**king Sam...we won the f**king Sam" down International Drive with nobody having a clue about what we were doing other than us:D

Advertisement