Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a nice Rosé

Options
  • 20-04-2010 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I drink mainly red wine and dont know a lot about rosé.
    My sis has begun drinking cheap(ish) rosé wine, namely Black Tower and Bend in the River.
    I owe her for a big favour and want to get her a nice bottle of the stuff.
    Any recommendations?
    She likes the fruity drinkability of the 2 I mentioned.

Regards

HB
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

For a cheap rosé, my GF drinks JP Chenet.
    Not as sweet as other cheap rosé's (or so she says).
    Usually €6.50 or so in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

shutter homme (i think thats how its spelt) is nice about ten euro a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

gallo wines do a fab grenache or a zinfandel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

For a cheap bottle get lidl rose around €4.60, for soemthing more special what about a sparkling rose? jacobs creek is nice. Grenaches and zifandals are the more "drinkable" roses and typically the lower the alcohol level the more drinkable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

White Zinfandel is the way to go, fruity stuff, and it's how I got into drinking wine.

I had a bottle of Lidl in my fridge for ages because I've moved onto white wine, two sundays ago, when it was lovely out, myself and the OH polished off two nice bottles of Pinot Grigio and wanted more wine, so we cracked open the Rosé, it was like drinking a soft drink such was the sweetness :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Try a nice Pinot Grigio Blush if you can come across one - very drinkable. I can't recommend any retail ones as the one I buy is from work and we only sell to restaurants!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I wouldn't be a huge fan of Faustino wines in general, but the Faustino V rosé is a very good value wine for around a tenner, dry, crisp but with good strawberry fruitness and a nice medium-long finish.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des wrote: »

I had a bottle of Lidl in my fridge for ages because I've moved onto white wine, two sundays ago, when it was lovely out, myself and the OH polished off two nice bottles of Pinot Grigio and wanted more wine, so we cracked open the Rosé, it was like drinking a soft drink such was the sweetness :)

the rose from lidl is E4.69 a bottle, i am not a huge rose drinker but it is very drinkable, probably a bit to drinkable, i would go as far as saying very nice :).

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Just a few Rosé that I like.

Bordeaux Rosé

Château Rauzan-Despagne, Réserve rosé 2007 €14.50

Made from 100% Cabernet Franc; this plump, refreshing rosé offers delectable bouncy ripe cherry fruits.

French Regional Wines

Château La Grave Rosé, Cuvée Expression, Minervois 2007 €10.85

A pale, perfectly dry rosé with intense strawberry flavours, nicely finished with crisp acidity.

Domaines Ott, Rose Coeur de Grain, Côtes Du Provence 2007 €30.00

This is the most celebrated and recognised Rosé wine on the planet. It is a carefully balanced combination of Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah. Don’t be put off by the bling-bling bottle as this is extremely drinkable with considerable complexity.

Spain

Somontano, Rose 2006 €11.45

Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon blend that has aromas of Strawberries, watermelon and spices

Sparkling Wine

Rosé Brut Taché, Taltarni 2004 €21.00

Absolutely full on flavour. Abundant strawberries and cream with an exquisite dry finish. Remarkable.

Champagne

Brut Rosé, Champagne Louis Roederer 2002 €67.50
    One of the finest rosé champagnes on the market. Roederer’s rose style is refined and delicate, the red fruit flavours crisp and defined.

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Peadar06 wrote: »

[HTML]www.searsons.com[/HTML]

Peter

What's this doing in here Peter?

• Advertisement
Advertisement