Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circumcision Cost

Options
  • 19-04-2010 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi does anybody happen to know how much it costs to get a circumcision when you're 21? Roughly what is the cheapest place that I can get it done safely?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

are you a public or private patient?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 HotRock

private, but can go public if its cheaper

well public is free but you have to join the waiting list. If you have Private health insurance, you'lll need to check with your insurer as to how much of the cost they'll cover based on your plan. If your going fully private i.e paying all of it yourself, best bet would be to ring some of the private clinics and check

you dont happen to know what the average waiting list for a circumcision is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

Is this for cosmetic or medical reasons?

• Advertisement

its for cosmetic reasons, although it does hurt at times when I pull the foreskin back

HotRock wrote: »
    you dont happen to know what the average waiting list for a circumcision is?

The website if the ntpf will tell you the public wait times. I'm not sure if you'll get it performed publicly for cosmetic reasons.

We'll merge this thread into the main circ thread at some stage btw. Am on iPhone right now and it's fiddly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Trivarion

HotRock wrote: »
    its for cosmetic reasons, although it does hurt at times when I pull the foreskin back
    Make sure you're well informed before you make this major decision. Maybe you should speak to a urologist before making up your mind. Without real medical reasons I would never ever advise anyone to even consider circumcision. It's your choice- but it's irreversible.

Edit: I can't believe someone would even consider it for cosmetic reasons, and at such a young age. When I read the title of the thread "Circumcision Cost" I thought it was about the cost of circumcision in terms of loss of sensitivity, keratinization and so on.

Advertisement