Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nature One Festival

Options
  • 19-04-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I'm heading over for it at the end of July, and currently reading up on some info (with the help of google translate). What I've gotten is this

Food & Drink:
    • Many food and beverage stalls at the festival site and the Village Camping available.
    • The stay of food & beverages on the festival grounds is prohibited.

Does anyone who has been before know if you can bring your own food and drink into the campsite? And what are the searches going in like

Any other info on it would be greatly appreciated too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭billybigunz

Went a few years back, good craic but no drugs going.
    I got some pills off a dirty Turkish **** that turned out to be blood thinners for people with heart disease. I got an awful nose bleed from them.

The campsite is massive. YOu can bring whatever you want in. People set up full venues. You could just stay there for the weekend for €12 and want for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I got some pills off a dirty Turkish **** that turned out to be blood thinners for people with heart disease. I got an awful nose bleed from them.

hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Yeah I heard some people dont even bother heading up to the acts cos the craic at the campsite is so good.

There was talk of smuggling a wee stash over, but I don't think i'm mentally strong enough for a cavity search from German customs. Wonder what meph's legal standing is in germany.

Suppose I could just wander around the place asking Wo ist ze ketamine?

Is there like a shop in the place? For the point where ya run out of everything. Or for the point at 8am where youre convinced a few bananas would go down a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Was over there last year. There are plenty of options to eat within the campsite, noodles, crepes, pizza, chips, bratwurst as well as fresh fruit, sweets and of course drink. There is no search going into the campsite but pretty thourogh search going into the event.

Dont expect to get a wink of sleep all weekend. Some people bring massive set up and the music is non stop in the campsite, plus the sweltering heat during the day doesnt help.

Its €12 to camp for the weekend but if you bring a bag of rubbish back with you when leaving you get money back.

Just out of interest how are you getting home? Ryanair flight isnt coming home until monday morning? might have to book a B&B for sunday night.

Yeah booked a B&B at the airport for the Sunday night. Think it was 30/50 for the two of us Might be nice to have a bit of recouperation time before facing work.

Whats the story with bringing prescription meds in your check in luggage? I'll definitely be bringing over zops to help me sleep. Must invest in earplugs too.

Is there any best places to camp or anything?

• Advertisement

The campsite is huge, think theres about 20 sections, earplugs wont do a thing as your lying on the ground in your tent your head is pouinding with the bass generated from everyones systems.

Im not sure if theres a quiet part of the campsite, but if there is id like to know myself. Are you staying in the B&B directly across from the airport?

Yeah its called the B&B hotel frankfurt-hahn or something like that. The rooms have airplanes and clouds on the walls haha.

You heading over this year yourself?

Anybody looking for flights for two over to this I am selling mine. Cant make it this year unfortunately :(. Currently 448.50 plus charges so near enough €470. Im selling mine on adverts allowing for €100 name change.

Nature One Flights

Still cheaper than oxygen :P

My flights were about 80 quid...when did you book?

are you selling your festival tickets?

Flights cost me 180 plus charges when i booked i think. Havent got my tickets for the festival yet. Just want to get some money back from the flights. If you know anyone interested let me know.

• Advertisement

Have a mate selling her flight too, but if theres any one else I'll give you a shout.

The countdown has begun.... *giddy smiles all round*

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Heading over to it myself this year for first time. Should be good enough craic. The campsite opens on Thursday though doesn't it? We're not getting there til Friday. Reckon we'll probably be the furthest away. Is there any lockers or anything there?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Went a few years back, good craic but no drugs going.

The campsite is massive. YOu can bring whatever you want in. People set up full venues. You could just stay there for the weekend for €12 and want for nothing.

You were lucky m8 they cud of killed you espically if u wud of cut urself u wud never of stopped bleeding :eek:

Heading over to it myself this year for first time. Should be good enough craic. The campsite opens on Thursday though doesn't it? We're not getting there til Friday. Reckon we'll probably be the furthest away. Is there any lockers or anything there?

We got there at 2pm on friday last year and were close enough. Its about a 10-15 minute walk to festival site anyway. I dont remember there been any lockers last year although your stuff is safe enough. No scummers about the place. We left our tent open most of the time. Jus do the obvious thing like keep cameras, money etc with you. Your stuff will be grand in your tent though.

If any of yours friends are tempted to go, buy my flights :p

Seen on the website there are lockers near the showers area. Will keep all my valuables with me anyways.

With alcohol, is it cheap enough on site or should I buy a few bottles in Dublin airport after security????

P.S. post on some clubbing forums you're selling your flights. Not everyone looks at boards. ;)

Im not sure how much drink is from the campsite stalls, cant remember. Its not overly expensive, say about avergae. Still, buy a few cans or bottle of something in the airport. In the festival itself there is no cash system. You go to the 'bank' and buy tickets which are then exchanged for whatever you want to buy. One ticket is 90cent. Bit of an odd way of doing things but its not soo bad. Think a jagerbull works out at 4.50 or something. Just remember to use up or change your left over tickets to cash before you leave.

Might just do that with the flights, thanks.

Cheers for the info, I prefer the ticket/token system anyways. We're gonna stop off at a supermarket anyways for crisps, beer, water and things to wipe our **** with.

Theres actually a good few places for food, sweets, noodles, crepes, pizza, chips, fruit, pharmacy goods( ;) ) etc in the campsite.

Slunk wrote: »
    Theres actually a good few places for food, sweets, noodles, crepes, pizza, chips, fruit, pharmacy goods( ;) ) etc in the campsite.

Currently doing some last minute reconaissance and dammit the only topics I can find on Trip advisor are yours haha.

Oh the excitement is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭liamk

Any body heading over this year? Still not got flights yet but we've a troop rounded up so just trying to get the cheapest flight.

• Advertisement

Right flights bought car rented away i go... yeow!!!

Enjoy mate. Even though I'm in oz, reason i sold flights last year, would still love to be going to it this year. Ill get back some day :)

x2 would love to head over again. Excellent festival!

Stock up on sleep though, no chance of getting any over there with the music blaring out of the camper vans

yeah will do! This is the fourth year now so pretty much have it cracked. It must be one of the best festivals going for the campsite alone! And the line up for the stuff i want to see never has any clashes pity there's so few of us this year a paltry 3 compared with 8 last year!

Advertisement