Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target Foam

Options
  • 19-04-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Where could I source foam for a target?

Bow poundage is ~35 if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

You want to buy just the foam? or the target butt?

Since Superbutts are so cheap these days its probably worth just buying one of those from ASI or Shooting Style. A 65cm one goes cheap.

If you were to buy the foam, timber and metal bands, spend the time putting them together, and worrying the first arrow will be a passthrough - a few bucks for a target doesn't seem that bad.

If you want the foam though, something in the back of my mind is tweaking telling me that they source it somewhere in Holland. I'm really not sure, but the stuff they use in the targets you see on the line comes from there ...... I think. Sorry I can't be more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Thanks.

Girlfriend wants a target, I have no money to afford one, probably. Have access to a 25 Tonne jack to compress the foam (Overkill much :P) and tools to craft the stand.
    Foam is the most specific part, the stand can be made from easily accessible materials.

But I am pricing both raw materials and finished product to see what's the best route to go.

Advertisement