Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLITCH! Buy one can of coke and get as many PC games for free at EA Store as you want

Options
  • 19-04-2010 3:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Saw this on HUKD, not sure if it will work in ireland though since theres a irish coke zone site I think, worth a shot though, Ive got no coke cans to try it with :( Can anyone pm me a code from coke can since I let you all know about this :p

Your able to get up to 9 points for free by doing the surveys but need that illusive tenth point from a can of coke...

Its working for everyone judging by the thread over there...
    You must buy a special can / bottle which has a coke zone code (guessing these could cost 50p?). Then go to cokezone and sign-up. Signing up gives 2 points, fill in their monthly poll for 2 more and then answer their additional questions for 5 more points. Enter your code from the can and you will have 10 points. Spend it on a £5 voucher at ea store (link: http://tinyurl.com/y3lenr6)

Once at the EA store choose any PC games for under £10 and add as many as you like to your basket. After adding each, type in your £5 voucher code. It will deduct £10 from each item in your basket. Then head to checkout! No need for credit card details (if it wants you to enter them, go back one page and re-enter the voucher code). Done!

Some games that are available:

Battlefield 1943
    Battlefield 2142
    Battlefield 2: Special Forces
    Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® 08
    Need for Speed Carbon Collector's Edition
    FIFA 08
    FIFA 09
    Rugby 08
    Euro 2008
    Black and White® 2: Battle of the Gods (Expansion pack)
    NBA Live 08
    Rail Simulator®
    Madden NFL 08
    Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trials Map Pack
    Mass Effect Pinnacle Station
    Medal of Honor Airborne
    SPORE Creature Creator

and more!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Digitalism wrote: »
    Saw this on HUKD, not sure if it will work in ireland though since theres a irish coke zone site I think, worth a shot though, Ive got no coke cans to try it with :( Can anyone pm me a code from coke can since I let you all know about this :p

Codes are only on UK cans so you'd need to find a retailer over here selling UK cans/bottles or get some up north !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Digitalism wrote: »
    Can anyone pm me a code from coke can since I let you all know about this :p

If someone could PM me a code too, that would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Think we got UK-bottles in the machine at work.
    I'll check tomorrow if ya like?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

I think boots sell drinks from the UK in their shops,
    definitely
    not the normal ones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

This requires a UK IP. Seeing as your not putting in any cc details I suppose you could use a proxy

I bought a code of the OP on HUKD for £1 and got £50 worth of games! (I was using logmein on my Gfs computer)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

I was able to get my games through a proxy also. Got a code off the op also, good deal it seems, hopefully EA wont cancel all the orders. THe prob wont though as it would take alot of work and these games are very old and probably not worth the bother with piracy nowadays and stuff. Also, people could like the games and buy more ea games.
    I prob wont even play these games though... lol. If anyone wants to know what site I used, PM me, as most didnt seem to work.

SubTotal: £0.00
    Discount: £93.89
    Shipping: £0.00
    VAT: £0.00
    Total: £0.00

:D

Ah now, some of the games you must have bought to bring it to £93 must be questionable to say the least!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Ah now, some of the games you must have bought to bring it to £93 must be questionable to say the least!
    I got mass effect pinnacle and the 2 spores thinking I could play them, but it seems theyre only expansions so you need the original game disc I think. I also ordered EUro 2008 without even noticing it was still in my order. Im not even going to download them. Out of curioustiy what did you order?
    Did you order Battlefield 1943 as I have a feeling that will be the only one they will cancel since its a pre order. Some guy on HUKD posted this as his statement:
    Total: £0.00
    Discount: £210.77

:eek: He must have ordered every game!?

EDIT: Also, heads up to people, you can use this discount to get £10 off other games such as getting fifa10 for £5, and Dragon age for £5 also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

So you do surveys and buy coke in boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Was this still working even though it says that it only applies to purchases over 15 pounds?

If it does, and any one has a spare code, I'd be very grateful for a PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Superdrug also sell Uk Coke bottles as do most of the Asian food shops in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

anyone PM-ing codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I would love a code if anyone has one to spare. Go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

anyone PM-ing codes?
    Not that I know of anyway. Would love one.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

Would love a code too...if anyone had any!!

Glitch is now fixed (since yesterady)

In order to take advantage of this now you would need to get a EA voucher that was already generated, all newly generated ones only take the £5 off

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peterdaly

thats mad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Anyone know any shops in Waterford selling U.K branded coke?

Advertisement