Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Insurance, should I renew?

Options
  • 19-04-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, just looking for some advice please. Just received my house insurance renewal from Quinn today and I am in 2 minds about renewing with them considering the current situation.
    Any people knowledgeable in the area able to offer me some advice.
    They have increased my premium also by 12.5% for no reason.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 springwell7616

I had car insurance with them and changed to another company. To hell with getting insured by a company that might do "tits up".

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally if it was me I'd renew, Quinn won't be going under...worse comes to worse there's a Q of companys lining up to buy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Under control of the administrator etc as a private person you will be fine - if you were a commercial entity it would be of more concern.

Why you would insure with Quinn in the 1st place is a whole other question!

Unless they are extremely competetive for you move on...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

You'll be fine renewing with Quinn, don't let its competitors "suggest" that it'll not be there for you, it will.
    It'd suit all the other players for you to think different and then charge more with less competition.
    + by renewing, you'll be support thousands of Irish jobs, not a call centre in India.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Shop around is my best advice and if you get better take it!!! if not go with quinn if there the cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Do as you normally would - shop around if you normally do and go with the cheapest. I wouldn't not renew with quinn just because of the current situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

funkyflea wrote: »
    Do as you normally would - shop around if you normally do and go with the cheapest. I wouldn't not renew with quinn just because of the current situation.

Have car insurance and am a member of the AA, and just got a letter in the post today saying they will guarantee to beat my existing quote for home insurance, that came at a good time. Will see what they quote me tomorrow.

In the meantime Tony O ...get on that phone or internet and start shopping around...the insurance game is funny....was with a crowd last year who gave me the best quote out of them all, then this year they increased my insurance bill, unfortunately for them I moved and got a quote HALF their price...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭IrishTonyO

In the meantime Tony O ...get on that phone or internet and start shopping around...the insurance game is funny....was with a crowd last year who gave me the best quote out of them all, then this year they increased my insurance bill, unfortunately for them I moved and got a quote HALF their price...

Yeah have been doing that can't believe the difference in price for the same policy from different companies, so far have quotes for

€300.00
    €324.80
    €396.50
    €485.30
    €539.50

• Advertisement

Great stuff, and now you've also got the promise from AA to better any quote given to you.... Wish you the best

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I'm in the same boat as the op. I've been in two minds as whether to renew but think I will go ahead. Did some shopping around and actually couldn't find a cheap price for the same cover. In fact my premium has dropped from last years rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Shop around is my best advice and if you get better take it!!! if not go with quinn if there the cheapest

+1

Advertisement