Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attacked by a beggar.. OUTRAGE!!!!!!

Options
  • 19-04-2010 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Basically I was heading home from school today after my orals, i was walking down by leeson street towards trinity and some smelly beggar came up and asked me for money:eek:, she was a foreigner too:rolleyes:

She started following me and i had to hit her with my paper, and a garda seen what was happening and came to my distress and told the women to go away or she would be arrested ....Thank god the garda came along I offered him money but he said he was only doing his job

Beggars should not be aloud to beg on the street of dublin, I'm going to write a letter to the government asking for a new law to be brought in to ban this action

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

D.R cowboy wrote: »
    She started following me and i had to hit her with my paper

When exactly did she attack you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I salute you good sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

When exactly did she attack you?

She was trying to crab my coat and rob me ,...how more obvious does it need to be man:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Basically I was heading home from school today after my orals, i was walking down by leeson street towards trinity and some smelly beggar came up and asked me for money:eek:, she was a foreigner too:rolleyes:

You should have paid her for her services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

She started following me and i had to hit her with my paper, and a garda seen what was happening and came to my distress and told the women to go away or she would be arrested ....Thank god the garda came along I offered him money but he said he was only doing his job

Beggars should not be aloud to beg on the street of dublin, I'm going to write a letter to the government asking for a new law to be brought in to ban this action
    maybe she wanted in on the action

:p

edit: beaten to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

She was trying to crab my coat and rob me ,...how more obvious does it need to be man:rolleyes:

In fairness, you just said she followed you. You never said in your first post that she pulled your coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Selected

She was probably an unemployed teacher attempting to give you some grammar and spelling tips for your upcoming exams.

Beggars should not be aloud to beg on the street of dublin,

I suggest a gag order - effective immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

are you for real? as far as I'm aware begging is illegal already but not enforced. Harrassment is a bit ott, but I'm happy to give to anyone unfortunate to end up in that situation. What do you propose, just have people go off and die if they fall on hard times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

She started following me and i had to hit her with my paper,

Irish Times by any chance?

• Advertisement

PK2008 wrote: »
    Irish Times by any chance?

haha.... how the **** did you know? were you there today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

dearg lady wrote: »
    are you for real? as far as I'm aware begging is illegal already but not enforced. Harrassment is a bit ott, but I'm happy to give to anyone unfortunate to end up in that situation. What do you propose, just have people go off and die if they fall on hard times?

was this not changed by the European courts in 2008 .... Beggars are permitted to beg, but not permitted to harass.

(dont ask me to find relevant links - im too lazy to search)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

dearg lady wrote: »

There's no reason to be homeless or begging in a country where you get €196 a week welfare + rent allowance that should at least get you a room in a house. The only people who beg here are Roma gypsies who go off home to their free house that evening and junkies that are too fucked off their heads to use the system properly. Either way I have no sympathy for any of them and i'd much prefer they "go off and die" than dirty up the streets with their ugly faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I would almost call this a troll. Almost.

NothingMan wrote: »
    There's no reason to be homeless or begging in a country where you get €196 a week welfare + rent allowance that should at least get you a room in a house. The only people who beg here are Roma gypsies who go off home to their free house that evening and junkies that are too fucked off their heads to use the system properly. Either way I have no sympathy for any of them and i'd much prefer they "go off and die" than dirty up the streets with their ugly faces.

Thats exactly what my dad said, he wanted to go into town and confont the smelly roma gypsie leader but I told him he was wasting his time.that they dont understand english only the welfare office

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

PCPhoto wrote: »
    was this not changed by the European courts in 2008 .... Beggars are permitted to beg, but not permitted to harass.

(dont ask me to find relevant links - im too lazy to search)

Yup it was against the law but it was changed to allowing begging.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

What a load of nonsense. And how in the name of god has this got *anything* to do with being a gentleman?

Thats exactly what my dad said,
    "My daddy's great, he knows everything"
    smelly roma gypsie leader
    Smelly Roma gypsy leader is on his laptop, tracing your IP Address.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Thats exactly what my dad said, he wanted to go into town and confont the smelly roma gypsie leader but I told him he was wasting his time.that they dont understand english only the welfare office
    ...and that's enough to earn you a ban from this forum. Thank you.

Ridiculous thread to begin with, topped poff with a bit of casual discrimination.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement