Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear Sunglasses

Options
  • 19-04-2010 1:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm just wondering, is there such a thing as sunglasses that look like normal glasses? I have scars on my retina and have terrible photosensitivity. I would love to wear sunglasses all the time but I look a bit odd wearing them indoors.

I've done a bit of googling and can't find anything. If anyone knows of such a thing I'd love to hear about it.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

My uncle wears slightly tinted glasses for that exact reason, hippe glasses I used to call them.
    I don't think you can get clear ones per say

Here's a good guide on Light sensitivity

These are the glasses, they change with light, so if your indoors they are like normal glasses, go outside and the automatically tint

transitions.gif

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yea, I've seen those changeable ones. Wouldn't really do the job as I need to UV protection inside. And anyone I've known who had them had dark shades for the first 10 minutes or so after they came back indoors. My students would laugh their arses off at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Ask you optician for transition VI the latest generation and the fastest reacting photochromic lens. Essilor(who own a big share in Transition the brand), Hoya and Norville would be the main providers in Ireland. Combined with the antiglare coatings you should be good for UV protection. I would recommend Essilor we sell them in our shop and we have tried other and none come close to Essilors coating for scratch resistance and non smuging anti glare coating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

Transitions VI is the only Transition available on the market now as all Transition products ( I, II, III, V) have been discontinued.
    Also as well as Essilor opticians use BBGR as lenses suppliers, who are a sister company of Essilor, so their coatings are top notch too

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks for the replies.

I discovered it's more artificial lighting I have trouble with so I got anti-glare glasses with a tiny tint on them. Works a charm. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

That's great now that your sorted. Best of luck with those specs

Advertisement