Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question re upgrading

Options
  • 19-04-2010 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

With a new iphone on the way ( fingers crossed ) in the summer.

I am wondering will i be able to upgrade even when i'll only be roughly 12 months into an 18 month contract.

I'm on the 350 min a month plan.................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Last year O2 allowed everyone who was due an upgrade do so no matter where they were in the contract. As Vodofone could (and probably will) have the new handset this year too, I'd say there won't be much restrictions on who can get the handset - once you have an upgrade available, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

But after 12 months of an 18 month contract will that upgrade be there ??

My spending isn't massive and i know the companies have been getting tighter on the upgrades !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I am 14 months into an 18 month iphone contract, and when i went in about a fault on my phone, they said i was eligible for an upgrade, do i just want a new one. I am on the middle package, and dont go over it.
    So there ya go!

ps hold off for new one.....Few months wont kill ya

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

But after 12 months of an 18 month contract will that upgrade be there ??

My spending isn't massive and i know the companies have been getting tighter on the upgrades !!

The upgrade criteria is based on how much you spend within a given period, it's decided seperately to the contract length. So you could be eligible for an upgrade within months after signing a new contract if your spend was high enough. Best thing to do is go to the O2 Forum and ask there are you due an upgrade, they can check pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Hi all,

With a new iphone on the way ( fingers crossed ) in the summer.

I am wondering will i be able to upgrade even when i'll only be roughly 12 months into an 18 month contract.

I'm on the 350 min a month plan.................

The thing is will 02 look after there present customers or just first time connection ones? Last year, if someone can correct me as I was a first timer, but did there present customers get shafted?

I assume now with vodafone and 3 having the iPhone they will look after us all. But I for one, will have no problem carrier hoping. If with stock problems and not getting treated properly by 02. I will end up hanging on till my contract ends and just move networks.

• Advertisement

The thing is will 02 look after there present customers or just first time connection ones? Last year, if someone can correct me as I was a first timer, but did there present customers get shafted?

I assume now with vodafone and 3 having the iPhone they will look after us all. But I for one, will have no problem carrier hoping. If with stock problems and not getting treated properly by 02. I will end up hanging on till my contract ends and just move networks.

I don't really want to wait 6 months longer for it to be honest.........

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

If you use your upgrade do you have to enter new contract?

Or does existing one remain in place

etcetc wrote: »
    If you use your upgrade do you have to enter new contract?

Or does existing one remain in place

new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Have you seen this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055941844

Get out of o2 contract early and move to Vodaphone of new Iphone?

If you are a heavy user (outside of contract minutes) they may agree to an earlier upgrade to keep you as a customer.

Whatever happens if you get a new phone be sure you will be locked into a new contract.

Advertisement