Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Car Valet in North Dublin area.

Options
  • 19-04-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

My car is in dire need of a cleaning. And the 3 minute vacuum you get in your local petrol station is not going to do it!!!!! :D

So does anyone have any info on a really good car valet. I’m based in the Portmarnock area.

Thanks in advance Folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

My car is in dire need of a cleaning. And the 3 minute vacuum you get in your local petrol station is not going to do it!!!!! :D

So does anyone have any info on a really good car valet. I’m based in the Portmarnock area.

Thanks in advance Folks.

There's a good valeting place in Malahide village. It's just off Church Road (near the crossroads in the village centre) - there's a little laneway between the buildings (opposite the AIB) and it's in there. There's a sign for it on the entrance to the lane but I can't remember what it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

I get mine washed and polished by the crystal clean lads in the multi story car park in the pavillions shopping centre in swords. Leave the car with them, do the shopping etc etc, pick it up when I'm done and I don't gave to go searching for a parking space either :D
    Always do a cracking job and a nice bunch of lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Thanks Homer & R.T.

Just out of curiosity....what price would a pay for a total clean out on the inside?

For the outside I usually just use the car washes in the petrol station.

But should I be using these Lads for outside cleaning too?:rolleyes:

Thanks Folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I was iven a flyer by the guys in The Pavillions last week some time, the top clean, which i think included everything, was (i think, pretty sure) 170euro :eek::eek:
    Of course they do smaller packages but i just do mine myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭Homer

Re : Crystal Clean @ Pavillions....
    I normally get the outside washed, dried and a treatment put on the tyres that make them look new again and it is 15 euro.
    Once a month I get the same but they also wax and polish the outside and it's 35 euro.
    I think that full valet at 170 or whatever it is includes seat shampoo and tar removal etc etc so you might only get that done once a year if even?
    It might seem like a lot of money to some but for me who is passionate about my car and like to maintain the look and quality of the exterior it is worth it?
    I would steer clear of brush washes in garages as they supposedly can leave minute scratches on your car.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

There's a good valeting place in Malahide village. It's just off Church Road (near the crossroads in the village centre) - there's a little laneway between the buildings (opposite the AIB) and it's in there. There's a sign for it on the entrance to the lane but I can't remember what it's called.
    +1 for these guys, they did a great job on my mother's car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Thanks in advance Folks.
    I'm pretty sure the guys in the Portmarnock racecourse do valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Kiera wrote: »

Oh yeah, you're right Kiera!! :)

Its one of those things, you drive by them loads, but when you try to think where you've seen one you're stupmed!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Kiera wrote: »

Ive seem them washing cars alright, but do they do valet?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Disappointed with Pavillions lads.

I usually wash wax my car myself, this is my first experience with a valet company... I got the 35 euro job and car didnt really look as well as I thought it would have, the boot looked to have been left half done and I found polish powder left in the seams between one or two body panels.

Point to note, the car park is quite dark, its difficult to properly appreciate the work done until you get into natural light so it was when i got home that i had a proper look.

They were incredibly busy on the day, but thats not really an excuse, I wont be back im afraid :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement