Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little request.

Options
  • 19-04-2010 12:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

I am being admitted to hospital tomorrow for surgery tuesday.

I am having a radical mastoid-ectomy on my right ear/temporal-process to remove an infection.

It is related to previous problems I've had for the last 8 months or so (explained here) and there is a chance I will need a hearing aid after the surgery as they are going to have to remove a lot of my inner and middle ear by the looks of things. The are doing this to insure I don't have a recurrence of the problem I had in september and as a preemptive thing more than anything else but because of the scale of the operation there is a large chance of a lot of hearing loss.

I am just wondering if the posters here (all, not just Christians) could include me in their prayers and ask God that everything goes as well as it could and my hearing loss is as minimal and my recovery as quick as possible.

Thanks in advance lads.

-Seán.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Good luck Sean, hope things go well for you man. It'll be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Consider it done.

Best of luck - I am sure that everything will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Best of luck, Seaneh. I'm sure everything will work out okay.

I'm not a praying person, but I'll certainly keep you in my thoughts.

Fingers crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,031 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Hope the operation goes as well as possible Seán and wishing you a speedy and full recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

Done. Hope all goes well for you.

Remember the promise:

"I am the Lord who heals you." Exodus 15:26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Praying for you Seaneh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

Prayers are ascending :)

Pax Christi
    Stephen <3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hope it goes well Sean, I'll be praying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Postponed until next week. They can't get me a bed today.
    Thank you Mary Harney for your continued mismanagement of the HSE and the complete lack of resources, staff and funding you have given our hospitals.

second time in two weeks the date has bee changed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Finally being admitted this morning for surgery this afternoon.
    thanks for the well wishes people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

In my prayers Seaneh. Please keep us posted...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

All the very best Seaneh..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Seaneh wrote: »
    I am being admitted to hospital tomorrow for surgery tuesday.

I am having a radical mastoid-ectomy on my right ear/temporal-process to remove an infection.

It is related to previous problems I've had for the last 8 months or so (explained here) and there is a chance I will need a hearing aid after the surgery as they are going to have to remove a lot of my inner and middle ear by the looks of things. The are doing this to insure I don't have a recurrence of the problem I had in september and as a preemptive thing more than anything else but because of the scale of the operation there is a large chance of a lot of hearing loss.

I am just wondering if the posters here (all, not just Christians) could include me in their prayers and ask God that everything goes as well as it could and my hearing loss is as minimal and my recovery as quick as possible.

Thanks in advance lads.

-Seán.
    Hi Sean.
    Another Sean here who had the very same op' about 20 years ago. Im not sure how similar the circumstances are but dont sweat it. Its not too painful, you will look a little like the elephant man until the swelling goes down but other than that it aint so bad. I have about 80% hearing in the effected ear now which once I got used to it is just fine. You may get bad days after flying or blowing your nose too hard! when the hearing level will drop but it always comes back.
    Im not the praying kind but I wish you well.

Advertisement