Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Film Foundation movies on RTE 1980s

Options
  • 19-04-2010 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

Anyone remember these 1 hour uk childens drama shows, broadcast on RTE on weekend afternoons around the mid and late eighties?

There were lots of them. The opening sequence or 'sting' for the CFF was a London scene, with churchbells and a flock of pidgeons at the start of each programme???

The stories were a bit like the famous five, if i remember correctly....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Love Tea

Ha I remember them well, Was only trying to explain to someone about them the other day. The stories always seemed to have a moral to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭gipi

The catalogue of films is available here - www.cftf.org.uk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Around the same time they used to show these series of Canadian childrens films.One was called "the boy who loved deer" and was about a young lad who gets in with a bad crowd and thrashes his school at night.This results in his beloved deers being poisoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The opening sequence or 'sting' for the CFF was a London scene, with churchbells and a flock of pidgeons at the start of each programme???
    Oh my god, I remember that so well. I totally associate it with pre-pubescent kids wearing flares.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have a vague memory of one cool episode that had a bunch of strange alien silver balls in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement