Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

better than dragon tattoo!!!

Options
  • 18-04-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭

Just finished Jo Nesbo's new book "the Snowman", and its a great read,
    4th or 5th of the Harry Hole series, and the best so far.

Not as dull and gloomy as Henning Mankell, its gripping to the very end, and to be honest, i had no idea who the murderer was till it was revealed!

Unlike the earlier Harry Hole books, this can be read without reading the others.
    So for anyone looking for a good, well written, thriller, this comes highly recommended.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmmmmmmm you say 'can' be read without the others, but would it be better to have read them? Or can they 100% be disregarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭mountain

calex71 wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm you say 'can' be read without the others, but would it be better to have read them? Or can they 100% be disregarded?

His earlier books have a thread running through them, that needs to be followed,
    that thread is finished in this book, so it that regard its a "stand alone" book.

If however having read this one, and you want to read his earlier books, then reading them in the correct order makes a lot of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thanks for that, looks like this will be next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Nearly finished reading this and can recommend it too. I haven't read any of Nesbo's earlier titles and still really enjoy it.

Advertisement