Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smallest mortgage you can get?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi there,

Myself and partner will be building a house in the coming months. We will have about 75% of the money required up front, then around 15K in savings which we don't really want to use all of. My question is how small of a mortgage can you get? Would a bank laugh at me if I go looking for €40,000.

I'm afraid that I'll be told only a personal loan will be available to us for such a small amount. Obviously because of the rates I don't want this.
    Any info is great, because I really haven't a clue!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

any bank should be delighted to give a mortgage of E40k to a couple who are able to come up with such a good deposit. Make a call to your branch and I bet they will bite your hand off!!

Advertisement