Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Room Stat

• 18-04-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of installing a wireless thermostat to control temperature in sitting room.

Firebird oil fired boiler with no room stats at present. Just wondering if anybody has used them and if so any recommendations on installation, brand etc.

Thanks danjo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

a company call chronotherm (might have misspelt them) does the wireless range. They were about the best I saw fitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

like joey says chronotherm which are out on the naas rd near luftanzsa. however im not sure if they deal directly with the public, i think they are wholesale only but if you give them a ring they will tell you and if they are wholesale only they will give you the name of the nearest retailer to you.
    ye might also give dimpco a ring, they do alot of heating stuff and might have a stat to suit.

like joey says chronotherm which are out on the naas rd near luftanzsa. however im not sure if they deal directly with the public, i think they are wholesale only but if you give them a ring they will tell you and if they are wholesale only they will give you the name of the nearest retailer to you.
    ye might also give dimpco a ring, they do alot of heating stuff and might have a stat to suit.

They deal with the trade but these days you never know. They will also give you there closest agent..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sinom

salus have a good wireless room stat ,its also programable , its available to get in heatmerchants

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭para45

I know of somebody that installed Danfoss wireless thermostatic radiator/room stats and cant stop singing their praises. Heatmerchants were their agents when they first came to ireland so dont know if they are stil the sole or if more other . I tried to get some prices from their agents in the north but nobody wants to quaote a price as its not everyday they deal with these high end valves/stats even according to the supplier they should have them for order .

• Advertisement

para45 wrote: »
    I know of somebody that installed Danfoss wireless thermostatic radiator/room stats and cant stop singing their praises. Heatmerchants were their agents when they first came to ireland so dont know if they are stil the sole or if more other . I tried to get some prices from their agents in the north but nobody wants to quaote a price as its not everyday they deal with these high end valves/stats even according to the supplier they should have them for order .

+1 on danfoss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭dathi

i used salus wireless room stat and 2 port valve and cylinder stat last year and used 500litres less oil over the winter well worth doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

I've used Danfoss Tp7000 i think. It's hard wired and replaces your conventional timeclock and depending on the model you can get an extra wireless wall stat to place away from the base unit. It's feckin great. Also if the temperature is satisfied and you need hot water there is an overide facility on it to bring the boiler on to heat the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Interesting. I have a Firebird room sealed and just wondering how do these wireless stats work? without pointing out the obvious, of course? Like do you get an electrican or plumber to install them......sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

suitseir wrote: »
    Interesting. I have a Firebird room sealed and just wondering how do these wireless stats work? without pointing out the obvious, of course? Like do you get an electrician or plumber to install them......sounds good.

Where is your boiler located? is it in a utility room or in the kitchen? Do you have an existing time clock on the wall or is it integrated on the boiler?

If you have a wall mounted clock in the utility with the boiler the base unit alone will be no good as it will only sense the temp in the utility room. You would have to get the unit with the wireless room stat and mount that on a wall down stairs usually in the hall. there is still an over ride on it for hot water.

If the clock is integrated the clock will have to be put into constantly on and the base unit installed between the power supply and the boiler.

Who you get to do it is up to you. A good plumber should be able to do this with his eyes closed after all he is not wiring a house. If you felt more comfortable with an electrician by all means.

• Advertisement
Advertisement