Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hose pipe connectors?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering if they make a tap connector for the modern mixer taps, please?

Surely they must?

Thank you....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭joewicklow

The one you want should be here,

http://www.hozelock.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lasereye

yeah they are available,,,i find the "gardena" connecters are better and cheaper than hoselock products,,, available in all garden and diy centres

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

I have spent a small fortune on hozelock plastic connectors and the newer ones are worse for leaking than the old style. :(

Are brass fittings a better option to avoid leaks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Lasereye

brass are fine but expencive, try the "gardena" connectors first, better and cheaper than hozelock

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭johno2

Graces7 wrote: »
    Wondering if they make a tap connector for the modern mixer taps, please?

Surely they must?

Thank you....

Yes they do. I got a nobrand one in B&Q a couple of years ago for less than €5 and it hasn't leaked yet. it has a thick rubber ring which presses against the mouth of the tap and a cam shaped piece which clamps the connector onto the tap. At the bottom of it is a standard hoselock style nipple for connecting a hose. I've used it in many different houses with different taps and it's always worked. I still always throw an old teatowel over the tap just in case of a leak though.

johno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

johno2 wrote: »
    Yes they do. I got a nobrand one in B&Q a couple of years ago for less than €5 and it hasn't leaked yet. it has a thick rubber ring which presses against the mouth of the tap and a cam shaped piece which clamps the connector onto the tap. At the bottom of it is a standard hoselock style nipple for connecting a hose. I've used it in many different houses with different taps and it's always worked. I still always throw an old teatowel over the tap just in case of a leak though.

johno

Sounds good; the taps are.. short.. I am sure if I could find a flexible rubber hose I could wangle it; will go to the Garden Centre tomorrow. I have managed to connect to the shower by taking the head off, but the pressure is too low to connect the second length of hose pipe.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

joewicklow wrote: »
    The one you want should be here,

http://www.hozelock.com

Thank you; but they all assume some length of tap.. Here, they are stubby and curve almost immediately; needs something wider and more flexible.

Advertisement