Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fired from CE Scheme: Help!

Options
  • 18-04-2010 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Does anybody have any advice/knowledge for me? I've been fired from a CE Scheme, without a verbal or written warning, via text. There have been some problems with my manager, mainly concerning funding for training. Upon being ill, I received a text to say my 'contract has been terminated'. I plan on speaking to Fas tomorrow, but if anyone has any advice, I'd be more than grateful.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you have been sending in certs from your gp while you were ill you should not have been let go,however if no certs were sent in that might prove somewhat troublesome.
    Also did you join the union when you started the ce scheme?
    make sure you don't delete the text you received terminating you from the scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 charlie2010

thanks for your reply. i did provide certs, and it was only a matter of days i was out. we were never informed upon interview there even was a union, i actually just found out about it today after researching. in fact, we were informed of no employee support, and in the past weeks i've sought it, but ended up at a dead-end.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I might be wrong but as far as i know you cannot be fired for being out sick,also you cannot be fired while out sick.When you start on a scheme you should get a contract of employment which sets out do and donts ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

Check your contract for employment as previous poster advised, if you didn't get one when you started, you should have. Contracts of employemnt for FAS are issued each year, you should have got one when you started and signed it. Go over your supervisor's head and get on to the head office of your scheme. If you are in a union, contact your representative.

FYI each FAS employee/trainer has a certain amount of money allocated to them each year for training purposes. If you were not told what that was also, you should have been and could go on training accordingly.

Advertisement