Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rail ticket price?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi Guys
    me and my boyfriend are thinking to live in Balbriggan but I fear the price for the rail ticket to Connolly is quite expensive. Could somebody give me an idea of the prices? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

A return ticket from Balbriggan to Connolly Station is generally €8 (as far as I remember!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

An annual ticket is 1030 for rail and 1190 for bus and rail.
    If you're employed, you can get it through your employer on the taxsaver scheme and this cost comes off your gross wages- before tax so if you're on the high tax rate it'll be about 510 from your take home pay- so about 2.60 per day assuming 200 days use.
    There are monthly tickets too- usually 10% of the annual price per month.

http://www.taxsaver.ie/en/Ticket-Types/

It's two euros to park in Balbriggan for the day ( either in the station or in the long term carpark down the hill, unless the ticket machines are broken or robbed and not fixed- then it's free parking. which is something to bear in mind if you're a decent way away from the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Posher

You can park all day in the town car park opposite the church for free. It's about a 7 minute brisk walk to the train station from there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The cie website gives you prices for tickets.
    taxsaver.ie is how I bought my ticket,makes it nice and cheap!

Advertisement