Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Curragh Guineas 22nd May - Good idea?

Options
  • 18-04-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi All,
    I have a stag to organise and was thinking about 22nd May for guineas weekend at the curragh. The crowd going wouldn't be into racing really, would hardly have been to a track before, same as me. Would ye lads here recommend this for a stag and if so, is there should I organise tickets upfront? Also, would there be anything on-course or in the local area that would be worth doing alongside the races?? Thanks for any help you can give.
    PW

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Better craic going to the dogs imo... Book a night at Shelbourne and then hit the town after it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Better wait for friday May21st at dundalk a very well bred expensive pup WILL win first time out.there is no danger to this pup as she is doing open times in schooling and qualified neck inside qualifing time,then go on the razzle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

sting60 wrote: »
    Better wait for friday May21st at dundalk a very well bred expensive pup WILL win first time out.there is no danger to this pup as she is doing open times in schooling and qualified neck inside qualifing time,then go on the razzle.

Dundalk on a friday night is worse than a morgue barring it changes during the summer. Couldnt imagine yad get sizeable bet on up there in a puppy race. Still though pm the name :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

No reason why it wouldn't be a good place for a stag. However, don't forget that there is a strong possibility that you may lose some money on the day! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

sting60 wrote: »

Is it one of Alan Kings?

@ OP; its certainly different. Now I'd have said a stag would go down well at Punchestown this week or at maybe the Galway Festival. Not too sure how well the flat crowd would take it in the Curragh. You'd be encountering a crowd who'd be there for either [a] Solely the racing or To be seen by the social columnists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 focuswrc

cson wrote: »
    Is it one of Alan Kings?

@ OP; its certainly different. Now I'd have said a stag would go down well at Punchestown this week or at maybe the Galway Festival. Not too sure how well the flat crowd would take it in the Curragh. You'd be encountering a crowd who'd be there for either [a] Solely the racing or To be seen by the social columnists.

Thanks for the info. I don't think any of the crew will be aiming to get in that fecking life magazine at a stag! Would the Curragh crowd be that different to Galway? If so, I reckon we'd be better get settled in for the the full Heineken sponsored armchair enthusiasts wet dream that will be the 22nd May! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭finbarrk

There was an add in yesterdays racecard for Status Quo playing a gig at the Curragh races. I don't remember what date it was though. And my racecard is in some pub in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭cson

focuswrc wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. I don't think any of the crew will be aiming to get in that fecking life magazine at a stag! Would the Curragh crowd be that different to Galway? If so, I reckon we'd be better get settled in for the the full Heineken sponsored armchair enthusiasts wet dream that will be the 22nd May! :D

Very much so. Galway Race Week is like Rag Week for adults. It'd be a better destination [if a bit crowded, though the oul recession may make it a bit quieter this year] than the Curragh imo. I've a ticket for that match in Paris too. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

finbarrk wrote: »
    There was an add in yesterdays racecard for Status Quo playing a gig at the Curragh races. I don't remember what date it was though. And my racecard is in some pub in Naas.

Just took a look at my card from Punchestown yesterday (I actually managed to bring my card home!! :D) - The Status Quo play the Curragh Racecourse on 4 June.

Advertisement