Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map SFTP network drive

Options
  • 18-04-2010 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to map a network drive in Windows 7 from a server with a secure FTP connection. I know it's easily done with normal ftp but I can't figure out how to do it using a SSL secured FTP connection ?? Any ideas ?? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I'm trying to map a network drive in Windows 7 from a server with a secure FTP connection. I know it's easily done with normal ftp but I can't figure out how to do it using a SSL secured FTP connection ?? Any ideas ?? :)
    You seem to be getting a bit mixed up with your acronyms. Are you talking about SSH file transfer protocol (SFTP) or FTP over SSL (FTPS)?

If you are talking about SFTP (which I assume you are because it is far more popular) try this. This provides a SFTP to FTP proxy server running on your local machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Jonathan wrote: »
    You seem to be getting a bit mixed up with your acronyms. Are you talking about SSH file transfer protocol (SFTP) or FTP over SSL (FTPS)?

If you are talking about SFTP (which I assume you are because it is far more popular) try this. This provides a SFTP to FTP proxy server running on your local machine.
    It's actually FTPES but I presumed that was the same as SFTP. I'll give that software a try anyway, thanks.

Advertisement