Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid N3 Navan Road Traffic (18/04/10 4pm)

Options
  • 18-04-2010 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭

Traffic from the Halfway House (and beyond) outbound up to the M50 is backed up. AA Roadwatch have little details on it. Looks like a Garda car and another in a collision.

Traffic has been like that for 2 hours now I hear. Would avoid the area!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

seems back to normal now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I thought backed up in all directions was the normal state of that road....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I know that the incident is long gone, but it was because of a collision between a Garda car and a small van in the westbound lane at the Navan Road/Auburn Ave junction.
    Westbound N3 traffic was directed onto Auburn Ave (or toward Beech Park Ave), so they had to go along Castleknock Road and past The Bell to get back onto N3.

This was all made much worse because tons of people were leaving the Great Ireland Run 10k at the same time.
    I abandoned my car at Castleknock Tennis Club, jogged home via the canal and went down later (8pm) and got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Always nice to know anyway :)

Advertisement