Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3.1 trooper

Options
  • 18-04-2010 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi thinking of buying a 94 trooper 3.1 automatic its very clean and its the lotus handling edition.Just wondering what your toughts are on them.I know all about the problems with the 3.0 litre ones as my brother had one.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

colly55 wrote: »
    Hi thinking of buying a 94 trooper 3.1 automatic its very clean and its the lotus handling edition.Just wondering what your toughts are on them.I know all about the problems with the 3.0 litre ones as my brother had one.
    Thanks in advance
    It is a Jap import, very reliable compared to any trooper after it.
    My BIL has a 94 with the same spec, I think it has recaro seats as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Hi, good engine, suss 'box. Great if you just use as a thirsty car, but for towing, go for a 3.1 manual. A lot of the jap imports were used as pose mobiles, and if the trooper autobox has not had its ration of TLC, it can be a pain. If you do a lot of towing, you will render the old autobox into a beefy doorstop quite quickly. I had a 3.1 a long while back, a super bus, perfect for towing, but it was a manual, and it was thirsty. I hate to think what the slush box model would do to the gallon. Edit - and the gallon is getting pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 taffy1973

Avoid auto box jap import models at all costs due to fuel pump problems, cant get repaired here due to the kick down as its a totally different pump to the irish models. ended up converting one to a manual transmission

Advertisement