Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many pints in a Keg..!!

Options
  • 18-04-2010 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Been having this debeat with my mates :)
    Im thinking its about 80-90 incl wastage..!!
    They think in the 110 ball park figure..!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

80 to 90 would be about right, If I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

from what I remember, the standard size keg over here gives around 88 pints from 50 litre kegs

although you can get 30 litre kegs these give out around 54 pints

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

88 pints not including wastage

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭para45

I think 83 plus wastage :) if i can remember from my barman days

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Yep, 88 pints in a keg. Can differ though due to a number of factors though. For example, whenever we change the Heineken, it pulls high for a few pints. Easy to lose a few pints if you forget about it and don't turn the gas down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

afaik for accounting purposes its 88 pints (not incl. spillage)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

They are certified to 50L which is 88 pints. Often they are filled very slightly higher. This is before allowance for wastage which depends on your tapping equipment (eg fob detector), line length, and filling skills!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thorpe

85 - 92 was the average with 88 being what was susposed to be in a 50l keg. It varied as we had a variety of keg types and varied on age and how these ones preformed on the racking.

Advertisement