Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go in Fingal for a day out

Options
  • 18-04-2010 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Howya folks just thinking we we should have a calendar of events that are suitable for families from now to October or an annual calendar. If everyone can post up an event in N.C.D , Dublin or within say 30minutes of Swords or Balbriggan. Call them recission busters!!

We need to have dates and try and have correct details up at least 2 weeks before any event.

I was thinking today Dublin play Antrim in Camogie at Senior and Junior level in Rush, junior @ 1 and Senior @ 2.30. Its free in and with the weather so nice well get the kids out for a few hours.

Fingal Vintage show, Rathmooney, Lusk - July/August
    Skerries 100 Motorcycle races - July
    Killalane motorcycle races September
    Fingal C.C Family days - Ardgillen, Newbridge House & Malahide Castle
    F.B.D Ras. Has finished in Skerries for the last few years.

There will be other events, Horticultural shows, Rose shows, Equestrian shows, Sea Angling to name but a few and most likely some fairly decent sporting events.

Feel free to edit this Mods. Is it possible to have a list people can add to themselves in order of the events taking place?

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,891 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks for the suggestion LeoB

I agree it would be a good idea, but think it may be best if we include it in the DCN Event Thread (otherwise we end up cluttering the whole forum with stickied threads)

It's not too big a thread at present, and hence if we try and keep perhaps a single post with the date and location of the events taking place during the year - Hill Billy or I can add or remove events on request. However I would still encourage everyone to provide additional details of the individual events in their own posts.

I'll check with Hill Billy if he is happy with this approach

Beasty

Advertisement