Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband users

Options
  • 17-04-2010 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I would like to hear from anyone who has Ice Broadband at home. They A&E in liquidation. I heard some stories on the Joe Duffy show about people having money deducted from their bank accounts by Ice but they are not getting the service so I stopped my direct debit to them.
    What I need is to hear from anybody in the Balheary, Lispopple,Roganstown or Ballyboughal areas who have broadband with any other provider. Eircom can only provide me with 1.5 Gb download speed through the phone line despite them calling to ask if we would like to sign up for 8Gb service. If they call you and promise 8Gb ask them to test the line first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 joey2thec

Im in the same boat, I had ICE out here in Kilsallaghan, beside Bishopscourt Farm. Worked great although expensive. Eircom are a rip off for a very poor service unless you can get 8 mb which is doubtful when your passed swords.

I have in the last two weeks tried o2 business BB which worked but was very very slow about 1mb in reality although they say between 3-7 mb download.

Today I went to Dundalk to pick up Digiwebs wireless Broadband and after trying to get a signal for an hour even climbing on the roof there is no constant blue light.

If it did work it was a great deal €35per month no line rental with broadband and phone. I would give them a shot, I'm screwed now this doesnt work as I run a business and no internet will mess me up no end.

Very little investment in Broadband considering the amount of houses in the area now and the proposed super prison thats due to be built.

If anyone has anywhere else I could try let me know ! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

We are in the Balbriggan area on Ice and lately the service hasnt been too bad. Never had a phone with them but I hear they give endless problems. Looking for alternatives now but not sure what quality service our landline can handle. Wifey works at home so broadband vital so if Ice goes completely could be in a right mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

Eircom actually phoned us to offer us 8Mb broadband. When I went to sign up they said my lime could only handle 1.5. They have a freefone number. Call them and ash them to check your line speed. The closer to the exchange, the higher the speed. Anyone would think we were living at the bottom of a lake in Leitrim instead of 10 or 15 miles from O Connell St. Best of luck. I hope you manage to get a favourable reply. It looks like the Ice is melting.

Advertisement