Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 7 : windows explorer closing

Options
  • 17-04-2010 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

hi all,
    i've a few videos saved into my documents but when i try access them direct rather than through a program windows explorer waits a few seconds & then shuts down. is this a common problem & is there any way of fixing this?
    thanks for any info regarding this,
    ronan.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

at a guess the filetype is associated with a wrong program

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

most of the files would be a mixture of flv & rm which are asociated with real player. don't know if that makes a differance?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 macdragon76

Real Player has a fix for this with their latest update.
    Also go into event viewer (start, run, type event viewer), look for windows logs.
    Under here look for application and system errors, if you can't find your error or remember the time, open the videos again and a new error will be generated.

Read off the error message and post here or do some google research.

Also try some other media players and other video formats.

Another thought is that the amount of videos in there and the view you have them on. If you have the folder on a preview (large View) and a huge amount of videos, it will probably crash, as a test change the icons to a small icons, list or details.

Advertisement