Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft money

Options
  • 17-04-2010 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I down loaded the free 30 day trial for Microsoft money, so I spent some time uploading all data bill's salary etc. When the 30 days ended I went to purchase this to discover I could not get this as I was outside the US

Does anyone know where I can get this or a similar products for tracking home finance?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Do you have MS money somehow tied into your bank or creditcard accounts? (not likely if you are in Ireland) but i know in the US some banks offer a statement in MS money format. I thought they (ms) axed ms money actually or were in the process of doing it ?

Anyway i "think" there is a windows version of gnucash which might also support import from money (save you having to start over), haven't used it myself but have a pal who uses it in linux and says it's fairly solid.

This thread would possibly be better placed by a mod somewhere in the computers or personal finance forums for a more learned response for the OP than mine maybe?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Discontinuation of Money

In August 2008, Microsoft announced that it would discontinue the practice of releasing a new version of the product each year, and as such had no version planned for 2009. Additionally, the company announced that they would be no longer shipping boxed versions of Microsoft Money to retail stores, instead selling the product only through online downloads. [7]

On 10 June 2009, Microsoft announced that it would be ending development of Money. The company plans to discontinue sales of Money by 30 June 2009, however will continue to support the product until 31 Jan 2011. [1] The company cited the changing needs of the marketplace as the reason for Money's demise, stating that "demand for a comprehensive personal finance toolset has declined." [8] Product activation servers used for Money 2007 and up will also be deactivated after January 31, 2011, effectively not allowing these affected versions to be reinstalled after that date. In response to this the company announced that they will be releasing a version of Money Plus Deluxe and Money Plus Home & Business that does not require online activation.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_money

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Microsoftare exiting all their own Financial products. The bought up one of the big US Financial Software outfits 3/4 yrs ago and appear to be concentrating on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Windows

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Microsoftare exiting all their own Financial products. The bought up one of the big US Financial Software outfits 3/4 yrs ago and appear to be concentrating on that.

Do you know which product they bought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭n900guy

michael m wrote: »
    I down loaded the free 30 day trial for Microsoft money, so I spent some time uploading all data bill's salary etc. When the 30 days ended I went to purchase this to discover I could not get this as I was outside the US

Does anyone know where I can get this or a similar products for tracking home finance?

Thanks in advance

Try the (free) open-source Gnucash. It allows multiple currencies, accounts, etc.,. Doesn't link to all online bank account services (it supports the standards to do it, but many or all Irish banks do not provide it as a service) and it's not a glossy product, but it gets you the numbers, generates invoices, liabilities, everything.

Advertisement