Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball Verdict?

Options
  • 17-04-2010 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

Just home from the ball, have to say I had a great night myself...

Much like most of the festivals, I made very little acts but had great fun bumping into mates from years back and just having the craic!

Very impressed by Dizzee actually; played a lot of old skool tracks and not just the new chart tunes he's been knocking out.

Really gutted Jesse Rose didn't make it over, the act I was looking forward to most, but regardless, had a ball (haw haw)

:pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tarka

deadleeeee
    I've vague recollections of the music being good.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭big_show

Had a Great Time, really liked delorentos and Dizzee

nice stitches bythewoods :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Thumbs up from me.

Thumbs down to MCD making even more money due to the acts pulling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

I thought it was fantastic for the whole 2 minutes I spent on campus:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Thumbs down to MCD making even more money due to the acts pulling out.

You do realise that MCD have to pay the artist a percentage regardless if they appear or not?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That was so gooooooooooooood.

Way better than I would thought it would be. Delorentos and dizzee were great("who are these?" /somebody grabs my hand. "They're the delorentos baby" and random dancing with people ensues), no idea who everybody else was that I was listening too but some great stuff. Nice atmosphere...and nice stitches bythewoods! Loved your housemates accent hehe.

also ugh my face, my beautiful face.../curls into foetal position.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Really enjoyed but missed every single act, got completely lost regarding the stages thinking the one in the square was the main stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Really enjoyed but missed every single act, got completely lost regarding the stages thinking the one in the square was the main stage!

How did you get a ticket in the end you schneaky sneak?

I thought it was awesome tbh. Very smoothly run, great atmosphere, not horrifically long lines for drink and some good choons being played all round. Spent most of my time in the main tent with some minor excursions for more booze and managed to work my way to the front of the stage for Dizzee, Mystery Jets and Jape. Great way to end the year, fair play for Mick the ents dude for redeeming himself for a somewhat lackluster year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Acts were great, disappointed about the lack of communication regarding the acts not turning up though.

Same as last year, I didn't enjoy the atmosphere at all. It's not a usual festival atmosphere. Anyone you know was lovely, and really nice to see you, but anyone you didn't know seemed to be a w*anker.

Really enjoyed Dizzee, Fred Falke, The Mystery Jets, and the DJ who may or may not have been Jens from Digitalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppy08

:eek:...it wasn't the mainstage...I knew there was something not quite right....

I thought the atmosphere was great!..the music was crap ( then again I completely missed the main stage :o..) I did try to find all the stages at one point but having been yelled at by 3 security guards in a row, i gave up and resigned myself to the dance stage.

definitely could do with more info on just about everything tbh

didn't quiet have the stamina to stay for the thing, i'll start work on my game plan for next year :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I pretty much spent the night in the dance tent too. Some signs regarding which tent was which would have been nice. Great atmosphere there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

I pretty much spent the night in the dance tent too. Some signs regarding which tent was which would have been nice. Great atmosphere there though.

Atmosphere in the dance tent was definitely better than the mainstage, the mainstage during Dizzee is what I'm mainly complaining about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Rather enjoyed myself. Jape's cover of Africa was a pleasant surprise.

Bumped into bythewoods several times as well as Tar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Oh Jayyyysssussssss, some night!

My stitches are so sexy. HI KWEKUBO! Thanks for your compassion, understandding and caring when I was profusely bleeding from my face. ;)

I was absolutely the first person in the First Aid centre last night, had a bit of a run in with a pair of sunglasses.... so I now have 3 stitches on my face and a giant black eye. That'll learn me.

Wasn't overly drunk going in, or at the time of the eh... face-bleeding... but I genuinely did bring in a naggin of vodka as a colostomy bag, which eased the pain. ( True Cla$$)

Delorentos were a bit of an absolute highlight for me, I'm pretty sure lastnight marked the 30th time I've seen them live or thereabouts, I have so much love for them. Was talking to them for a bit afterwards too which is always nice.

All in all, excellent night! Roll on 2011 tbh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

bythewoods wrote: »

My stitches are so sexy. HI KWEKUBO! Thanks for your compassion, understandding and caring when I was profusely bleeding from my face. ;)

I was absolutely the first person in the First Aid centre last night, had a bit of a run in with a pair of sunglasses.... so I now have 3 stitches on my face and a giant black eye. That'll learn me.

Wasn't overly drunk going in, or at the time of the eh... face-bleeding... but I genuinely did bring in a naggin of vodka as a colostomy bag, which eased the pain. ( True Cla$$)

Delorentos were a bit of an absolute highlight for me, I'm pretty sure lastnight marked the 30th time I've seen them live or thereabouts, I have so much love for them. Was talking to them for a bit afterwards too which is always nice.

Mess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Craguls wrote: »
    Rather enjoyed myself. Jape's cover of Africa was a pleasant surprise.

Bumped into bythewoods several times as well as Tar.
    flashback...so forgot meeting you...we had like a look across the room moment outside the toilets..staring into each others eyes for ten seconds..'I do know you!'

They were very good yeah, better than the other times I saw them. Bet some young wan ate your temple, hawt scoring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

flashback...so forgot meeting you...we had like a look across the room moment outside the toilets..staring into each others eyes for ten seconds..'I do know you!'

It was at that stage thinking I know that guy but from where? Then it dawned on me who you were!

I just am useless without glasses. Was great running into people randomly and then having no idea what happened during the meetings

^^^ trinity ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

Had really good night, apart from friends leaving at 3 :rolleyes:
    Highlights were Delorentos and Jape, been dying to see Jape for ages.

Now does anyone know a good hangover cure?

fry and sex.

Missed jape ;_;

• Advertisement

You know you've had a good night when you have to get a Tetanus shot the next day...

You know you've had a good night when you have to get a Tetanus shot the next day...

That's not my Tetanus shot.

fry and sex.

Missed jape ;_;

Think I'll just go for the fry...

Did anyone else see the handjob couple near the GMB? She looked like she was performing brain surgery and I don't think I've ever seen a guy look so bored!

SherryD wrote: »
    Think I'll just go for the fry...

Did anyone else see the handjob couple near the GMB? She looked like she was performing brain surgery and I don't think I've ever seen a guy look so bored!

No surprises there, any future reforms in sex education should include a beginners guide to the hand shandy, aimed at girls (what guy doesn't know how?)

devinejay wrote: »
    No surprises there, any future reforms in sex education should include a beginners guide to the hand shandy, aimed at girls (what guy doesn't know how?)

Not a bad idea... But he could have at least faked a look of joy

sometimes it feels liek they are killing you, maybe that is the best he could muster?

Yeah but if he fakes it, then she'll think she's doing something right, only propagating the horrible handjobs. It's for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 alexaria

Lost camera at trinity ball :(
    Hi everyone, I went to Trinity ball last night, it was great but i lost my camera! frown.gif

it's a silver fugifilm finepix f40fd (i think, i rooted out the manuel and thats what it said unless i'm looking at an old one...)

Does anyone know the protocol for lost and found at trinity ball???

Anyone find my camera?? it's got lots of sentimental photos on it...

thanks a mill
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Was the person that you are talking about with the stiches get them on their left eyebrow? Have bleached blonde hair too.

If so, you are a mess and were acting like an idiot last night at Dizzee Rascal.

• Advertisement

ustari wrote: »
    Was the person that you are talking about with the stiches get them on their left eyebrow? Have bleached blonde hair too.

If so, you are a mess and were acting like an idiot last night at Dizzee Rascal.

Nah mate, I'm a ginge.

The rest checks out though...

Advertisement