Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay item delayed due to Grounded flights?

Options
  • 16-04-2010 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I bought an ipod touch off ebay on tuesday.Seller said he shipped wednesday morning.Only realised today that it will probably be delayed due to the flights being grounded?
    Just wondering how long does post from britain normally take?Its being sent by regestered post if that makes a difference.
    Also can I as the buyer request to see the tracking info of the ipod to make sure seller has sent it?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Usually, between 3-5 postal days for me, though sometimes, it could take up to 10.

I'd expect you to get it early next week, since it's registered (as long as flights don't get delayed any longer).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭punkindrublic

It usually takes 2/3 full days for an item to get to me from the UK, but sometimes delayed packages have taken up to 10 days

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭spudwiser

in a similar situatuion to the op and was looking up the situatuion(on the royal mail website)

it seems that they will use road and rail to sendf the mail so i'd imagine that we'll get the packages albeit with a delay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

theaaao wrote: »
    Also can I as the buyer request to see the tracking info of the ipod to make sure seller has sent it?

Yep. If it was sent as registered post, they should have given you a tracking number when they marked it as dispatched... I'd send them a message asking for it if I were you (maybe check through your ebay emails to see if it hasn't been included there first)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭theaaao

Thanks for the info and advice everyone.My ipod came in the post this morning!Delighted.Turns out the seller was lrgit after all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement