Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving rash

Options
  • 16-04-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is repetitive..................
    I'm suffering a right bout of shaving rash especially on my neck.I've bought new fusion power blades.i use somerset shave oil with nivea sensetive shaving gel.I always use a nivea moisturiser afterwards. Lately I've started using tendskin which a mate recommended after shaving. It contains alcohol and stings like fcuk!!So i'm wondering if it's just a waste of time.
    i'm not into spending all day shaving so I'd appreciate a quick fix please!

Date tomorrow!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Lots of discussions on this over in the 'Facial Hair & Hats' forum.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

If you're getting rash don't use anything with alcohol in it, it will only make it worse, also the 4 blades with vibrating head is probably not doing you any favours if you have sensitive skin.

a few little tips if it's a quick fix you're after....
    1, Shave just out of the shower, hair will be softer and skin lubricated
    2, Don't dry your face, and wet it with warm/hot water before you shave
    3, Lather up very well, maybe try shaving cream or soap instead of gel
    4, Only shave with the grain, most people don't realise that their facial hair doesn't just grow in one direction, find what direction your growth pattern is in and follow that.
    5, Don't use the vibration feature on the fusion power, as it'll just agitate your skin.

I used to get awful shaving rash when i used fusion and goo in a can, i now use a safety razor only has one blade which is better for sensitive skin, and proraso shaving cream, check out www.shaving.ie, he has loads of proper shaving equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I second proraso shaving cream/soap (I use the soap). Fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Sorry, haven't clicked on the link above on 'Facial hair etc' so not sure if it's coverd there or not but one thing you might want to keep in mind is the washing powder used to wash your crisp clean shirts.....some detergents have chemicals that can agitate that condition...shirt quality (i.e. 100% cotton/natural Vs Polyester etc ) can also help...non-bio washing powder might be worth trying....coupled with a good shirt...

Advertisement